Where can I buy the rest? Specifically the grasses; Cat & Wheat?

Whiplash4ever

Location (City and/or State)
Northern Illinois
Okay, so far I have been able to find...

Arugula/Eruca sativa/salad rocket/roquette/rucola/ rugula/colewort

Bok Choy/Pak Choy/Chinese Cabbage/ Brassica rapa

Collard Greens/ Brassica oleracea

Turnip Greens/Brassica rapa/white turnip greens/turnip tops

Alfalfa Sprouts/ Medicago sativa/lucerne

Mustard Greens/ Brassica juncea/Indian mustard/Chinese mustard/leaf mustard

...from the "If You MUST Buy From The Store" list, but these others have evaded my search thus far. Where can I buy the rest? Specifically the grasses; Cat & Wheat?

Prickley Pear Cactus Pas/Oputunia Cactus/Nopales/Paddle Cactus

Grape Leaf /Vitis species

Clover Sprouts

Cat Grass/ Dactylis/ ****'s-foot/Orchard Grass

Wheat Grass/ Triticum aestivum

Dandelion

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Dandy lion is everywhere in Illinois. The weeds in people's yards that have the yellow flower that turns into a blow flower... Very easy to propagate. oportunia cactus you can get online It's actually an edible food for people. You can buy pads and then plant them. They grow pretty quickly...

Whiplash4ever

Northern Illinois
Dandy lion is everywhere in Illinois. The weeds in people's yards that have the yellow flower that turns into a blow flower... Very easy to propagate. oportunia cactus you can get online It's actually an edible food for people. You can buy pads and then plant them. They grow pretty quickly...

I know what a dandelion is - LOL it was on the list of foods you can buy at a store. As I'm sure you can understand, living in northern Illinois in the winter makes it tough to just go out back and pick them.

Hugo's Home

5 Year Member
Chesnee, South Carolina
Cat and wheat grass is pretty much the same stuff. Hard red wheat grass.

Pasture mix that tom suggested and that I've been growing Indoors in soil. Has rye, orchard grass and clover. Pretty good mix! Thanks tom!

https://www.groworganic.com/premium-horse-pasture-mix-irrigation.html

Wheat/cat grass
Also growing Indoors in soil.

https://www.groworganic.com/organic-wheat-beardless-lb.html

Grow organic also has organic dandilion seeds/ chicory.
Check them out they also have cold hardy grape vines you could plant now and have nice leaves for years to come with proper care. I planted 3 vines last week.. Not worried about grape production as much since they are just for hugos garden. Now's the time to start planting grapes/roses all bare root plants.

Cactus pads I bought once last year off eBay from a seller in Texas that is tortoise related and planted them. Didn't feed it since I didn't know how it was grown. All the new growth i will be feeding this summer though. I mostly walk out on the ranch and pick cactus pads though..
Hope this helps!

SULCY

NEW YORK
During the winter I on top of what you are feeding I also use Orchard Grass pellets available at most feed stores it is used for horses just soak and feed works good for me.upload_2018-2-26_9-40-57.png

Reactions: Tom

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I know what a dandelion is - LOL it was on the list of foods you can buy at a store. As I'm sure you can understand, living in northern Illinois in the winter makes it tough to just go out back and pick them.
Ohhhhhhh...that you can buy in a store....lol. nope, I haven't been successful in finding them but I shopped WallMart and Kroger.

LeeB60

Neola Ut
I have found dandelion greens at Walmart, organic. Haven't found the flowers though. I've planted my own. You can get grass seed and dandelion seed from chewy.com.