Why not share your location???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, Va
Hey guys,

Something occured to me regarding the sharing of information. We all have the ability to show where we are under our user name, and I think its very helpful when we are discussing different topics (especially outdoor husbandry). I just wanted to urge all the sulcata members to at least share which state you are living in.

Thanks.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Some people are private. This forum allows you to share as much or as little info as you fell comfortable with.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I too, wish they would at least list their state. Also the kind of torts they have. Sometimes, you can't tell in their thread. You want to try and help them, but you have to ask them first to let us know what species they are talking about. I get the personal info, even if they don't want to list their city. However, the state at least would be nice. Kinda hard to find you with just a state listed, or country.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
@ Len, we should get together some time for a beer and tort chat.

@ Wellington, I just feel like this country is so big that there are different tactics needed for different climate areas and knowing what state you are in goes a long way to helping.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I agree. Makes it much easier to understand what's going on and make recommendations we help is asked for.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Livingstone said:
@ Len, we should get together some time for a beer and tort chat.

@ Wellington, I just feel like this country is so big that there are different tactics needed for different climate areas and knowing what state you are in goes a long way to helping.

Yes, I was agreeing with you. Duh:p :D. My location used to be in my signature. Had to make room so removed it. I will have to check now, maybe I don't have it listed at all now. However, I will check. Cause I agree, the state or country, not USA, that should be by state, but Canada, UK, etc should be listed.:D

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
It does help, a lot of the questions people ask here are relevant to their locations climate. I think it should be suggested although not required.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi
My name is Angela
I live in Apple Valley, California--High Desert
and I have a tortoise problem.....I can't get enough of them....
:D:p

No freak stalkers please.....:p;):D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
ascott said:
Hi
My name is Angela
I live in Apple Valley, California--High Desert
and I have a tortoise problem.....I can't get enough of them....
:D:p

No freak stalkers please.....:p;):D
Are regular stalkers ok?

jason g.

5 Year Member
Lol agreed I don't have to worry about stalkers. I live in Indiana! Nobody wants to be here accept me! Lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Nobody wants to be here accept me! Lol

LOL...I was there once when I was 16 ish....happened that the time I was there the KKK came through Martinsville and had a huge gathering....let me tell ya, I got my butt back to Cali as fast as I could....was never so happy to end up in smog filled grid locked traffic surrounded by all types of folks from all ethnic backgrounds.....lol....:p

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
If I can be honest I think people feel like the mods who are the most helpful people on the forum (supposedly) know our location by IP address (which is logged by the forum). In which case they can be helpful. One thing to consider though when reading my post is that people that are knowledgeable that are NOT mods can not read our IP address. That is all. Just answering your thread question. ;)

jason g.

5 Year Member
ascott said:
LOL...I was there once when I was 16 ish....happened that the time I was there the KKK came through Martinsville and had a huge gathering....let me tell ya, I got my butt back to Cali as fast as I could....was never so happy to end up in smog filled grid locked traffic surrounded by all types of folks from all ethnic backgrounds.....lol....:p

Lol I've herd that said a couple of times. I've lived here 30 of my 39 years and I can honestly and happily say I have never seen the kkk around here. Maybe it's cause I live in a small town. When I lived in Mississippi and Florida now that's a different story. The south what can you say. Well the clan marched through Indianapolis once down Martin Luther King bvd. They weren't welcomed by any means. They had to have tons of state police to March with them to keep them safe. If you ever do come back to Indiana sounds like you should steer clear of martinsville. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.