Why aren't they eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, Louisiana
Hello everyoneeeee!!!!

All three of my sulcatas have gone from eating like pigs to not leaving their pen for nothing in the world, NOT EVEN TO EAT and they're starting to worry me, I even put their food closer to their doors so that they can just eat and go back into their nice warm and cozy rooms but they're just not interested. Is this normal or should I take them all to the vet again?

Hope you all have an AWESOME NEW YEAR by the way!!!!!!!

Addie

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
is it cold outside? I havent seen mine for a few weeks.. 3 were out today.. but didnt eat.. just basking.. its normal....

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Sounds cold. Ive been down here in lafayette for work and its been cold. Try temp gunning their areas they stay and boost the heat a bit. My 2 big guys slowed down last week when it snowed and dropped to real cold temps. A quick heat boost and they were back to normal.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Yea same here im not sure why but my male sulcata has not come out of his heat box for a almost 2 weeks. Im not sure what I need to do. Is this normal? The temps get to mid 60s now and sometimes it gets sunny but still no sign of him. Can anyone help? Thank you soo much!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
These are outside tortoises, right? What are the temps like down there? What temp do you keep the night box at?

Mine slow down in winter, but they still come out and eat. Temps today were in the 60s and they were out grazing in the sun. They do come out late and retire early though.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Tom said:
These are outside tortoises, right? What are the temps like down there? What temp do you keep the night box at?

Mine slow down in winter, but they still come out and eat. Temps today were in the 60s and they were out grazing in the sun. They do come out late and retire early though.

Tom, temps where I live are now in the mid 60s and temps in the night box are above 70 but Im not sure what they read exactly, all I know is it feels fairly warm when I put my hand in. I haven't had the chance to mess with the temps yet. I recently made this night box for him and I covered the doorway with a thin clear plastic sheet that I cut up in slits for him to go in and out from. I am worried he might not know how this works. What do you think I need to do? If u think it would be a good idea, I can take a couple pics of the box?

Thanks for your help. I hope we can figure this out

Status
Not open for further replies.