Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceTurtle

5 Year Member
Alright folks,
I'm wondering if this will be a loaded question but...where do you suggest I purchase a baby Greek? We have done exhaustive research on the care of baby, we have purchased a large plastic bin, are getting ready to order a light, and have plans in the works for a super fantastic tortoise table that will fit beautifully on an angled wall in Grace's room! She even has some names on a list! Now that we're ready, I'm terrified!! I have looked at several sites that allow online ordering and I have read horror stories about some of them. I just wondered if any of you have had success with one of these places. There are a couple of reptile expos close to us but I don't see any tortoise breeders on the vendor list. I know the babies are fragile, and I feel absolutely confident in my ability to care for it, but I want to get the very best start possible!
Thanks!
Kate (and Grace)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kate:

Go through the "for sale" section here and get some names of our members who have sold them in the past. They more than likely will have them for sale again when the weather is better for shipping.

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sounds like you've done your research sufficently. IMHO, I would wait to build the table however but it is not necessary. I have ordered from Tyler @ tortoisesupply.com and from theturtlesource.com. Both were fantastic tortoises and would recommend either site to anyone.

PeaceTurtle

5 Year Member
Well guess what! CGKeith just happened to have ONE baby greek left! He or She is due to arrive on Tuesday morning...a little sooner than I was planning on but we just can't wait. I will post pictures ASAP. Thanks for directing me to the For Sale section (duh...not sure how I missed that!) And thank you Michael, we are going to wait to build the table. I think as we get to know "Sunny" we will better understand what we want the table to be like. He's going to have plenty of wandering room in the plastic tub for now.

And can someone explain the numbers on the signatures to me? :)

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
That's where I got my little greek and she's growing and thriving well.

I think if the numbers are like 1.2.1 it means 1male, 2 female and 1 unsexed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Oh wow!! I thought he was out of the little iberas. Nice and Congrats!!! Post some pics when you get the little one

Status
Not open for further replies.