Where is every one from

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I live in Illinois. My tortoises have to live indoors for most of the year but do spend as much time outside as possible during the summer.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Born and raised in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I moved to Southern California almost three weeks ago and I am LOVING IT!!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I live in Nebraska, and all I can say it's the worst possible place to raise a tortoise. Cold, freezing winters that last FOREVER, very sporadic, random falls and springs, and about 3 or 4 months of real summer that is usually too hot to be optimal tortoise temperature.

gossmom

5 Year Member
Georgia
I'm from Athens Georgia. It great raising turtles and tortoise here. It's humid and we have long hot summers and the winters a mild. All of mine are young so I still kept them in during the winters

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Massachusetts! My guys are out from about May to Oct (Cept my Ornates, they are out all year!)Then it's lights and timers!

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
I am from West Milwaukee, WI. It's a littlge village of about 4,000 people right next door to Milwaukee.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
:tort:
Hello
I live in Southern California, Walnut with my 2 Redfoot babies, my Calif. desert tortoise, my Hermanns tortoise and 6 mud turtles.
I love Southern Calif.

Kathy

cristal redfoot

5 Year Member
I am from Huntington Beach (coastal suburbs) which is in southern california. I only have 1 beautiful baby redfoot. :)

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
Born and raised in Toronto, Canada. Right now I have a 3 year old redfoot and recently bought a 8 year old male eastern box turtle. Both enjoy a separate outdoor enclosure during our warm humid summers.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I've lived in The Republic of Tejas for quite a bit of my life, but have temporarily emigrated to the United States a few times (Arkansas for about 18 months, Conneticut for 14 months, and Massachusetts for about a year) and to Toronto, in Canada (almost 3 years).

There are those that consider The Republic to be part of the United States, and mispell it as "Texas"...and we rarely mind (after all, we were blessed by being born in the center of Creation and all that is wonderful)...so, we try to be understanding about such amusing foibles. ;)

And it's a great place to raise tortoises, too. :p

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
Terry Allan Hall said:
I've lived in The Republic of Tejas for quite a bit of my life, but have temporarily emigrated to the United States a few times (Arkansas for about 18 months, Conneticut for 14 months, and Massachusetts for about a year) and to Toronto, in Canada (almost 3 years).

There are those that consider The Republic to be part of the United States, and mispell it as "Texas"...and we rarely mind (after all, we were blessed by being born in the center of Creation and all that is wonderful)...so, we try to be understanding about such amusing foibles. ;)

No, no its not misspelled, it's just a difference of spelling it in English or
in Spanish....just like Havana & Habana, France & Francia, England & Inglaterra<--none are misspelled all just different languages....having clarified that I'm still wondering how all the moves from one place to another has to do with the
original question but ok.

josh21

5 Year Member
Born in puerto rico now live in Tampa Florida and have a almost a 5 month old sulcata. And it's all ways humid and hot.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
TheTortoiseWhisperer said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

No, no its not misspelled, it's just a difference of spelling it in English or
in Spanish....just like Havana & Habana, France & Francia, England & Inglaterra<--none are misspelled all just different languages....having clarified that I'm still wondering how all the moves from one place to another has to do with the
original question but ok.

You've got your information backwards...

"Texas" is the Spanish version of the word "Tejas", which refers to one of the indigenous People of the Hasinai (Caddo) confederation, who were native between the Sabine and Trinity rivers in the eastern part of The Republic, and, prior to the invasion by the French and Spanish in the 1680s, a major People, numbering well over 25,000 members.

Later, their name was used to refer to the entire area of what is noe "Texas".

Nowdays, many Tejans live in the area of Oklahoma now referred to as the Caddo Nation, but some still live in their homeland.

The answer initially was to the question asked: Where does everyone live and where a god place to keep tortoises, and The Republic is such a place, as is much of Arkansas, not so much Conneticut, Massachusetts and Toronto. :cool:

Jeansie1988

5 Year Member
Hamilton, ON
I live in Hamilton, Ontario Canada! Pretty much the same as others have mentioned in regards to having tortoises in places that get cold. I bought my red foot about a month and a bit ago and she is outside during the summer and i shall be bringing her indoors. My husband has just made her an indoor enclosure.

pemry3

5 Year Member
Great thread! I am from Calgary, Alberta. And well as you can imagine The winters and long and cold, and the summers are short and beautiful.

tami

5 Year Member
I live in Las Vegas Nv... Another great state for keeping Torts!!

LemonShell

5 Year Member
Woonsocket, Rhode island. Not really a great tortoise state...but not the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.