Where did Spring go?

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
Yesterday was cooler but still a great day for grazing. I brought my little dinosaur inside when the sun was setting (it stays warm in the house within the tort enclosure). This morning I went looking for Su and was concerned that she was not in her normal sleeping spot in the corner setup with a CHE. Not in the closet. Not under the bed. Oh, crap, where is she? I hope she is warm enough! I thought the bedroom door was shut all night. <expletive exits my mouth>

I go to pick up a heavy quilt that was off of the bed and I hear a hiss.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1459864933.047414.jpg

Problem solved. Apparently because her super-soft crocheted blankey was in the laundry she de used to pull down another one and crawl in between the folded layers of this 20# heavily battened quilt, next to the space heater, no less.

Such characters. No dirty hole in the ground for this princess, apparently.

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
Oh, it went from 77 down to frost warnings overnight and will be funky for the next week. Oy!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We're having a very nice spring here in Central Cal.

Lam

Here, it went from 75 the day before down to 37 yesterday.

Rue

Canada
On Saturday it was over 20 C outside...and I took my baby out for her first supervised outing in the real sun!

Today it is snowing...

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
We're having a very nice spring here in Central Cal.
It's supposed to get in the 90s later this week or next. The last few days have been in the 80s. I feel like we only get about 3 weeks of Spring and then it's summer.

Nibs

Oh that's great!

I'm intrigued that she likes quilts and blankets - one of mine will always climb into any material things she finds outside (usually my discarded jumper or the towel after her bath ) but I have always removed her from it before as I assumed it was accidental, now I might see how she likes a blanket if it is something some if them actually like!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Oh that's great!

I'm intrigued that she likes quilts and blankets - one of mine will always climb into any material things she finds outside (usually my discarded jumper or the towel after her bath ) but I have always removed her from it before as I assumed it was accidental, now I might see how she likes a blanket if it is something some if them actually like!

My iguana slept under a blanket or towel for years. I put it on his perch for traction and after a few months he started crawling into it and using a rock as a headrest...until I caved in and sewed him a pillow out of an old sock.