Wheat Grass...Safe and acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfield

5 Year Member
Random question...Is wheat grass safe to feed to my redfoots...I work at a restaurant and we had wheat grass sprout mats for decoration for our Easter buffet and I brought them home. Id love to cut it down and give it to my torts, then let them graze the rest down. It is human food-grade safe and pesticide free, I am simply wondering about the nutritional safeness/value. Any informed minds please, give me your feedback.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I don't see any harm in some wheat grass. If it's human food-grade, it's tort edible in my mind.

MXRider215

5 Year Member
Campbell, Ca
Will it grow in a habitat? I always see them at the grocery store, organic wheatgrass planted in a 4x4. Has anyone just transplanted them right into a habitat/tank/table?

Zergy

5 Year Member
Valrico, FL
I grew my own matt of wheat grass for the indoor enclosure. The outdoor enclosure has some wheat grass growing as well.

Dexter at first would nip at the grasses but never enough to be noticed as eating in any considerable amount. So it is just decoration for my torts.

starfield

5 Year Member
Sorry, I posted it in both to make my chances greater of getting a response...I had the big mat of it and was anxious to serve it to the torts....I have been clipping it down and plan on adding it to the habitat, so i will let you know how it works out. :) Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.