What's the best lizard?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
So far they sound like the best option do they burrow?
Uros like layered flat rock stacks to retreat/hide in. Vegetarian with occasional insects causing no harm. Very similar to the diets of many of the African tortoises we often keep as pets. More in a few.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Where could I find a uro?
I'd go with Doug. For the last 15-20 years I've has different ones from him, and I've always been very satisfied. Keep in mind, once his phone is back up and he's settled into his new place, when you choose a species that you want, ask him and he'll send you photos so you can pick exactly which one you'd want. He's always done me good in that regard. Here's his website for Uros;

http://deerfernfarms.com/Uromastyx_Species.htm

Also read up on them on Doug's site. He likes folks to have good experiences with his critters.
We'll be wanting pictures too!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
He was up in Washington, but I believe Ken said in post number 44 above that he's moved to FL.
Yes. As Tom has stated, he and his have moved on down to the, "State of Jimmy Buffet, er … Florida."
"Sail boats, And conch Shells ,
and palm trees galore…"

Last edited:

JakeDevoe

5 Year Member
Yes we are talking lizards so do you think he would be a good producer?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Does he have a website I can check out
Posting #46 on this here thread. Doug, I think, would be your best bet for a Uro. Check out his website on the InternetMachine. There you will find his care information and other fun facts.

JakeDevoe

5 Year Member
Posting #46 on this here thread. Doug, I think, would be your best bet for a Uro. Check out his website on the InternetMachine. There you will find his care information and other fun facts.
The website.