What's is? Is it edible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ustwoandthekids

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366119754.838402.jpg. Can you tell me what is is and can I feed to my tortoises?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Don't know that one. Some plants are regional. It might help if we knew where you are in the world.

ustwoandthekids

5 Year Member
I am in the uk

I would same it not the same as leave shape is a little different and its bigger, from other sites people have put pictures similar saying its mallow but wasn't sure?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Looks somewhat like wild buttercup. I'm in the USA Pacific Northwest, and we have a maritime type climate here. This stuff grows everywhere on my land. I've had horses who didn't eat it, and the only reference I've found in regard to feeding a tortoise this plant was a family deliberately feed large amounts of the yellow flowers to their tortoise and that this poisoned, mortally, their tortoise. I remove it from my pen as best I can, but my russians and Sulcatas are not interested in it. I remove all flowers from these habitats.

ustwoandthekids

5 Year Member
Thanks for replys think I will just get rid of it to be safe, I am no good at plant identification :/

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Pull up some of the plant and take it to a good garden center for id. They should have someone on staff well versed in weed I.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.