Identify

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Looks like it might be foxtail. The grass is edible, but once it goes to seed it should not be fed due to the obnoxious attitude of the seeds ( they embed and work their way forward, becoming infected).

beth_95

Looks like it might be foxtail. The grass is edible, but once it goes to seed it should not be fed due to the obnoxious attitude of the seeds ( they embed and work their way forward, becoming infected).

Thanks !!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Have you had that happen in a tortoise? Mine walk around in fields of foxtails and eat it in every life stage, and its never been a problem. Now the dogs are a different story...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Have you had that happen in a tortoise? Mine walk around in fields of foxtails and eat it in every life stage, and its never been a problem. Now the dogs are a different story...
I received an ornate box turtle several years ago that had many fox tail heads embedded in its skin. I've never seen it on a tortoise, I was merely speaking on the side of caution.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I received an ornate box turtle several years ago that had many fox tail heads embedded in its skin. I've never seen it on a tortoise, I was merely speaking on the side of caution.
Thank you. I just wondered. You've seen a lot of tortoise stuff, so its worth asking. :)