What sex are my torts?

chrltt104

Hi,
I've had my two horsefield tortoises for almost 3 years now, they've got their own little characters now and are so funny just wanting to know what their sex Is?? Much appreciated if anyone can help

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471344026.498533.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471344026.498533.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 23

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I'll probably be corrected by someone more in the know in a moment, but.............
.........I'd guess the one on the left is a female and the one on the right a male.
Maybe still too early to be certain.

Kasia

Poland
Hi,
I've had my two horsefield tortoises for almost 3 years now, they've got their own little characters now and are so funny just wanting to know what their sex Is?? Much appreciated if anyone can help
A would say their both femail as well.

Crzt4torts

5 Year Member
Northeastern US
The one on the right is tricky, you have had them 3 years, but do you know the actual ages? I'd lean toward 1 male if very young still, but if they are over 5 I would say both female...but I'm no expert.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I'll probably be corrected by someone more in the know in a moment, but.............
.........I'd guess the one on the left is a female and the one on the right a male.
Maybe still too early to be certain.
I'm with Tidgy's Dad... the one on the right may be male.

They all look female to start.

Kasia

Poland
The one on the right is tricky, you have had them 3 years, but do you know the actual ages? I'd lean toward 1 male if very young still, but if they are over 5 I would say both female...but I'm no expert.[
I'm with Tidgy's Dad... the one on the right may be male.

They all look female to start.
I was thinking similar but they both are quite big and maleish one should be male by now.

chrltt104

Can you tell by behaviours too? Because the one on the right is a lot more dominant and so stubborn and the one on the left is really calm and loves being handled and where as he other one is really fast haha but they get on totally fine and have been fine together since the day I got them

Kasia

Poland
Can you tell by behaviours too? Because the one on the right is a lot more dominant and so stubborn and the one on the left is really calm and loves being handled and where as he other one is really fast haha but they get on totally fine and have been fine together since the day I got them
If the one on the right starts to do :

you will know whats going on :)