What no bird lovers?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel

5 Year Member
I taught my CAG to say, "I am a bird. I'm not a dog." I don't think she gets it. She still barks!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Now that is funny....long long long ago when I was young :D I walked into a pet store and suddenly I hear meowing..so I am looking around and I hear the meowing again but I noticed it was coming from above me....so I look up and they had a myna bird that meowed....laughed really hard....it was cool though :D

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
One of my birds can imitate my phone. He lives in an aviary on the patio, so when I'm out in the yard, he will make the sound of the phone. I hear it, thinking it's my phone ringing, and come running from way on the other side of the yard to get the phone ... which of course, isn't really ringing! This bird has me trained well, as I fall for this at least a few times a week!

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Duki pretends to be the microwave, it causes similar responses as making phone noises. He seems to realize that the microwave gets attention when it makes that noise, so for arguments sake he can make the same beeping noise and get head rubs.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Birds? .......Dont tell "Sally" she is a bird!.......
SAllyPCBEST.jpg

jan121.jpg
Gotts luv them U2's

JD~:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have a lonely brotogeris jugularis (orange-chinned parakeet).

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Only on cold nights.

judy wayte

5 Year Member
beatiful cockatoo i have a yellow nape she screams help and tells people to come in sounds just like me NY accent and all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
GeoTerraTestudo said:
What's a CAG?

Congo African Grey parrot. Very talkative. My daughter has one. He calls the dogs and sounds just like my daughter when he says, "Jim! Jim! Jim! Jim!" (Jim is her husband's name and he never listens when you call him once)

DanaRae60

5 Year Member
San Clemente, California
We have a green wing macaw that barks like our dogs. Yes, listening you one more creature bark is awesome :(

Our conure wolf-whistles everyone and our green aracari takes it all in stride!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
judy wayte said:
beatiful cockatoo i have a yellow nape she screams help and tells people to come in sounds just like me NY accent and all.

Ha Ha Judy .... funny I can picture that ...." I want some waaater" ..(wink) ....

As we all know Too's arnt the best talkers, more mimics of trippy sounds, although Sally does say "I love you" , and " Im sorry" ( as she cowers back to the rear of the cage , when she knows she has does somthing bad) and what they dont have in vocals they make it up in " snuggles" as there is no bird out there as affectionate as a too'.
Oh yea .... they are one heck of a DANCER TOO! .....:p;):D:p

Sally Loves to dancev^v^v^

:)

Mel

5 Year Member
We just added a TAG, Timneh African Grey, to our family. My CAG talks up a storm. Her longest phrase is, See ya later alligator, after while crocodile, not too soon baboon.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Mel said:
We just added a TAG, Timneh African Grey, to our family. My CAG talks up a storm. Her longest phrase is, See ya later alligator, after while crocodile, not too soon baboon.

AWESOME ! ..... thats quite the talker ..... funny story , years back my aunt had a double yellow amazon. Well.....my rowdy lil cousin taught it "what the F***?" . One thanksgiving , family at the table , Grandma asks one of us to pass something on the table and the bird who is in the kitchen listening to all this shouts out ..
" What the F***" ....yas should have seen the look on G~Ma's face!:p
that was 30 years ago ....and still one our family funnies!

:)

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
emysemys said:
GeoTerraTestudo said:
What's a CAG?

Congo African Grey parrot. Very talkative. My daughter has one. He calls the dogs and sounds just like my daughter when he says, "Jim! Jim! Jim! Jim!" (Jim is her husband's name and he never listens when you call him once)

Ah yes, African greys are remarkably smart animals. Behaviorist Irene Pepperberg taught her late subject, Alex, to speak and solve simple mathematical problems. Really a fascinating species. :)

Mel

5 Year Member
N2TORTS said:
Birds? .......Dont tell "Sally" she is a bird!.......
SAllyPCBEST.jpg

jan121.jpg
Gotts luv them U2's

JD~:D
[/quo

She watches you on tortoise forum, haha! Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.