what is a normal size

angelarroyo1014

5 Year Member
hello fellow members i have a question on my mind. what is a normal size/weight for a 1 year old sulcata tort.?????? my tort. is only 143g and about 3 1/2 in or so at 1year. please, i hope to get your feed back and comments to help me out.
thank you :)

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Normal is questionable. All of mine are 1 year and 1 month old this week. They range in size from 4 inches to 8 inches and weigh from 250 grams to 460 grams. At one point, six months ago, I couldn't get them past 150 grams. I upped their food, heat and humidity and they took off.

angelarroyo1014

5 Year Member
thank you. ill consider upping up humidity and there food:):tort: gladly appreciate it
Normal is questionable. All of mine are 1 year and 1 month old this week. They range in size from 4 inches to 8 inches and weigh from 250 grams to 460 grams. At one point, six months ago, I couldn't get them past 150 grams. I upped their food, heat and humidity and they took off.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
No problem. 20 - 30 minute soaks in warm water is a great idea as well. Helps them grow smooth. if you post your set up, what substrate, temps etc.., people will be able to help you out more. Sullys should be raised hot and humid in a closed environment and fed well on a mixture of grasses and broad leaf plants. Let us know.

TerriTurtle

5 Year Member
Wyoming
They do vary quite a lot. Mine is 13 months as well, and is 7", and weighs 1065 grams. I saw another on here that claimed his was over 10 pounds at 16 months...There probably isn't a "normal", but maybe an average?

angelarroyo1014

5 Year Member
No problem. 20 - 30 minute soaks in warm water is a great idea as well. Helps them grow smooth. if you post your set up, what substrate, temps etc.., people will be able to help you out more. Sullys should be raised hot and humid in a closed environment and fed well on a mixture of grasses and broad leaf plants. Let us know.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/my-indoor-enclosure-and-out-door-enclosure.95934/
i just posted my set up moments ago feel free to give me tips and pointers