what happend to her

Prashant

@charan take her to the vet if you have nearby.Where are you from ? are you feeding some kind of processed food ?

Reactions: Dan

charan

i am form delhi feeding green beans only and some time kheera and what happend to him he will fin na @Prashant

Prashant

Hello @charan i am new to the tortoises learning alot from them others. don't panic give a little time if it goes back normally its ok .If not see the veterinary surgeon in delhi,you will find it ask pet friends

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
That is your tort proving he's male. It's his penis. We refer to it as "flashing" on the forum.

It should retract naturally. If it doesn't then a vet visit is required
What if no vets for torts are available? This is the case here in Jordan I'm afraid.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It's unusual for the penis not to go back so hopefully it's not something we need to worry about.
Thanks the info as well as the reassuring words. Appreciate both.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Congrats, it's a BOY!

If the penis does not retract on it's own keep it moist until you can get to a veterinarian.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
What if no vets for torts are available? This is the case here in Jordan I'm afraid.

Gillian I made a call to a friend of mine that's in Jordan and he did some research for you.

Best friend animal clinic in Amman, he talked to them about tortoise care. They say Yes, our Vet Dr. Nassem is specialized in reptiles. Including tortoises. They said a lot of people in Amman own torts.

http://www.bestfriend-jo.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Gillian I made a call to a friend of mine that's in Jordan and he did some research for you.

Best friend animal clinic in Amman, he talked to them about tortoise care. They say Yes, our Vet Dr. Nassem is specialized in reptiles. Including tortoises. They said a lot of people in Amman own torts.

http://www.bestfriend-jo.com/
Thank you. I'll see to it asap.