Shell flattening??

Greektort2015

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Please help and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have a 6 month old Greek tortoise which I've had for almost 2 months. Her shell is flattening in the center and I don't know why. I'm worried about her health. She had a vet check up in May and was deemed healthy. So I don't know what has happend in the last few days to cause this.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Pics would be good. But a flattenimg is most likely MBD. lacking of calcium and sunshine.

Lexiii

CT
From that angle it just looks like she's growing.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Can you post some pictures if your enclosure and lighting please? Also could you tell us what you feed your tort?

Is your tort eating normally and active?

This will help us to help you

Greektort2015

Ontario, Canada
She eats dandelion leaves, endive, escarole, spring mix, grassland tortoise food. She is eating and acting her normal self. image.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's hard to tell what you are using for UVB and basking lighting from the picture. Is there a cover between the lights and the tank?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I don't see any flattening. Looks like she has grown. Perhaps your eyes are tricking you, because she is getting wider and longer making the dome seem less?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah...I don't see the flattening you're referring to either. But if your UVB light is the fluorescent tube, then I see something wrong with calcium absorption. The screen the tube is sitting on filters out the UVB rays. The tube needs to be uninhibited.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you talking about the darker lines in between the design on his back? That's just new growth.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I think it's that the dome of the shell is less pronounced now the tortoise has grown. You can see the difference between the two pictures. It looks OK to me

Alaskamike

South Florida
Some tortoise become wider and the dome of the shell less rounded as they grow. In my experience this is more a genetic issue than care. I've seen these differences even in siblings , raised together with same care.