What do you think about this tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated

5 Year Member
I am planning on buying one of these. Which one looks the best? Is this size too small or is it alright.
They look really good to me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 035820mfgyzhg5cjgpg5c3.jpg
    035820mfgyzhg5cjgpg5c3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 035807bj1bdiuibhuodu39.jpg
    035807bj1bdiuibhuodu39.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 0358084gk4qqvv4agvivqj.jpg
    0358084gk4qqvv4agvivqj.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 035810lwi2duliieoigrai.jpg
    035810lwi2duliieoigrai.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 0358100gki9y973szczyhn.jpg
    0358100gki9y973szczyhn.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 160
  • 035822pgtztpduktasprep.jpg
    035822pgtztpduktasprep.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 171

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They do t look bad. Look a little flatter then the more domed ones, might just be the pics though. Just be sure they are reputable. Might see if ALDABRAMAN knows of them. Good luck.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
They all look beautiful!!! Such gorgeous animals!

I am not an aldabra expert by any means and have never owned one myself. My concern with looking at that picture is that they're being kept on a rug. Is this just for feeding or is this their permanent enclosure? Rugs grow mildew in humid environments. So if they can use a rug in their hatchling enclosure, then the humidity is probably not very high. My understanding (and once again - not an aldabra expert), is that aldabra hatchlings need alot of humidity.

If I were dishing out aldabra prices for a hatchling, I'd want to make sure that the first few weeks of the animal's life spent with the breeder were in optimal conditions. Those first few weeks could effect the long term health of the animal. So my recommendation is just to confirm that the tortoises were started on the right track before purchasing them.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Have. You searched other breeders? I would check others out. is this a reputable site?

Radiated

5 Year Member
They are in china, that is just a quarantine enclosure or smt, not their permanent one for sure. Thus they dont last over a week before sold here in China anyways. This is a very reputable seller, he imports these hatchlings directly from Seychelles.

Steve_McQueen

5 Year Member
Have you thought about just taking the very best care of your current 23 critically endangered animals? It's starting to seem like you're a kid with a credit card buying every shiny thing you see.

How's that Hawksbill Sea Turtle doing, by the way?

Have you thought about just taking the very best care of your current 23 critically endangered animals? It's starting to seem like you're a kid with a credit card buying every shiny thing you see.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Steve_McQueen said:

Well it is what it seems like, I'm 15. And the Hawksbill is good.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Radiated said:
Steve_McQueen said:

Well it is what it seems like, I'm 15. And the Hawksbill is good.

Those aldabras really look flat shell. Not really sure they are usually born that way.

Oh well, I'm impressed that as a 15 years old kid, you are not buying Gundam and Dragon Ball action figures but decide to buy those critically endangered animals. Please keep buying them as many as your credit limits allow you to do so and don't forget to treat them nice :rolleyes:

Radiated

5 Year Member
haha thanks, I wont be buying too many more because I have a lot already :p just getting a few more aldabras and thats it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, Radiated, your 15 and your into tortoises and not Xbox. You must share your secret. I have a 15 year old and he is into Xbox, iPod and facbook:( and could careless about my animals:( He must not have much of my blood.:D
Did you get one of the Aldabras yet? Get which ever one looks more rounded. There is nothing wrong with the flatter ones, I personally like rounded better, just my opinion.:D

Radiated

5 Year Member
Well I'm just really interested in Plants and Animals, I've had iguanas since I was 10 :D I got 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.