What do i do about something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
Well a ''Rumour'' has been spreaded around school about me....
It is very much true!
But it is not something i would like advertising?
I do not know what to doo.....
I have fell out with alot of people i get stupid comments and arguments every day....teachers doo not achknowledge what i have to say....
I dont' know what else to do :'(

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I think I know about this, don't I Tyler?

The best thing to do is just to keep being honest about it, and eventually people will realise their words aren't having the effect they want, and they'll give up.

At your age, people can be very cruel (in fact, you've got a few years of that to come, sorry!), but the worst thing you can do is let them make you deny who/what you are - it'd only get worse if you did. The more you act like you don't care, the more they'll stop caring, too.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Yes it is what your thinking just 10x worse than when i told you...
And yes when people come up to me i be totaly honest about it !
I do not deny it atall :)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
tyler0912 said:
Yes it is what your thinking just 10x worse than when i told you...
And yes when people come up to me i be totaly honest about it !
I do not deny it atall :)

Exactly the right way to handle it. Eventually, people WILL get bored.

And if they don't, just set Tiago on them.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
I'm exactly with Cheryl, as i have a feeling i also know what this is. :)

Chin up, you know we are all here for you.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am so sorry Tyler!! Just act like whatever they are saying doesn't bother you. If someone say's something mean, completely ignore them and ask if they think it will rain today or something like that. Also, if it becomes a big problem then complain to the people in charge. If they don't listen then involve as many people as you can. I don't know what the problem is but as a mother of a child your age I am upset that you are upset. :(:(:(:(

C

Claireabbo

i have been bullied and made fun of in my time. as i am still in high school. but i know how it feels to have people talking or saying rude things. and i am so sorry! just keep your chin up and it will all be ok! :D were always here for you!

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
Hello Tyler
Don't have a clue about what you're talking about & it really doesn't matter .
As being a manager of 60 + people i deal with the bullying,sterotype people all the time .
Just ignore the comments and don't put yourself in a position where you feel the need to defend yourself .
You will find by letting these people know that that whatever rude,stupid comment these people are saying does not bother you they will move on .
But i have to agree with previous poster if you find it getting out of hand & it starts to get physical you must take it to higher authorities.
Some time we have to set an example that this type of behavior will not be tolerated .

Mike D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
yep.. agree.. whatever it is.. people will keep bugging you if they get a reaction.. just be yourself, its who you are.. if people dont like it,, that is thier problem.
If it escalates,, then you need to report it to someone who will listen. Find that person now.. someone you can trust, let them know what is happening and that you are handling it.. BUT IF it gets worse, you will need thier help.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Hey Tyler. I'm a middle school teacher so I've experienced kids doing a great number of horrible things to each other. My style with my students is to keep things light. I allow them to express themselves and, as often as I can keep a pretty open forum. I run a pretty loose ship BUT one thing I WILL NOT tolerate is a bully! I've had students curse and squabble with each other, but when you attack another person b/c they aren't living up to your standards than you are the lowest of the low. Plus it is very rare that a bully will act alone so not only does it make you the lowest of the low it also makes you a coward! Keep your head up & don't keep it all bottled up inside. Talk to someone you can trust & by that I don't mean your best friend who probably won't be your best friend in 2yrs anyway. Talk to a parent or your someone in your school's counselors office. Good luck little buddy!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hey Tyler:D Are you okay? Has the situation gotten better?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Don't give them the power, ignore it and they will soon lose interest. when you react to it they enjoy it and continue. In my day I could punch the first few people who made fun of me in elementary school, nowadays that will get you into more trouble.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Laura said:
yep.. agree.. whatever it is.. people will keep bugging you if they get a reaction.. just be yourself, its who you are.. if people dont like it,, that is thier problem.
If it escalates,, then you need to report it to someone who will listen. Find that person now.. someone you can trust, let them know what is happening and that you are handling it.. BUT IF it gets worse, you will need thier help.

Excellent advice! :tort:

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Everythings GREAT no-one has said anything acting normal.....to me and taalking to me etc.... :)
IM IN A GREAT MOOD!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Just saw this now. Glad things have been better lately :)

Status
Not open for further replies.