What? Did i miss my mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
Duma loves her mazuri dinner... It's funny that I am hiding pees in my daughters pasta and I am hiding grass in my tortoise's mazuri! Mom says "eat your greens!"

She says what? Is there something on my face??
9554a4e2.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Holy cow. Are you sure thats a tort under that mess or a little piggy:D. So very cute. You can' get yours to eat greens and I can't get mine to eat Mazuri, go figure:D

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
wellington said:
Holy cow. Are you sure thats a tort under that mess or a little piggy:D. So very cute. You can' get yours to eat greens and I can't get mine to eat Mazuri, go figure:D

LOL if i went by the rolls on her tail i would have to say piggy for sure! they are funny aren't they? Duma wont try a hibiscus flower! not even a nibble!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Melly-n-shorty said:
wellington said:

LOL if i went by the rolls on her tail i would have to say piggy for sure! they are funny aren't they? Duma wont try a hibiscus flower! not even a nibble!

When the Christmas cactus come out. Try that the green sections of it. My leopard Tatum loves them. It was the first thing I got him to eat out of my hand. They can only be give as treats, but they are easy to keep alive and maybe, if he doesn't eat many greens by then, maybe that one will change his mind. Something to try. The Mazuri, I keep trying, but I can't get it to stick very good when I try to smear it on the greens or even hiding it in them, he smells it and then won't eat at all. Any suggestions on that, I will try. Yes, they are funny, to darn cute and funny:D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
wellington said:
When the Christmas cactus come out. Try that the green sections of it. My leopard Tatum loves them. It was the first thing I got him to eat out of my hand. They can only be give as treats, but they are easy to keep alive and maybe, if he doesn't eat many greens by then, maybe that one will change his mind. Something to try. The Mazuri, I keep trying, but I can't get it to stick very good when I try to smear it on the greens or even hiding it in them, he smells it and then won't eat at all. Any suggestions on that, I will try. Yes, they are funny, to darn cute and funny:D

You just have to find the one plant that your tortoise will become addicted to. Mine is stonecrop. Carl knows where ALL the stonecrop patches are in the front yard, and despite the fact that he's a two inch tortoise in a thick forest of unmowed grass, he can navigate his way to them from any place in the yard :) It's the first leaf I handfed him on, and for a while I had trouble getting him to eat other greens even in his food bowl because he wanted to go outside and eat some stone crop. I looked it up and read that apparently most tortoises will ignore stone crop if it's offered, but it's not bad for them. Go figure, I got a "special" tortoise ;)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
wellington said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
wellington said:

OMG i should post a pic of the Christmas cactus i had in their indoor enclosure. it was in a pot more for decoration... well one day shorty noticed part of it was within reach and pulled the whole thing over... when i came home he was asleep. it looked like he fell asleep eating it! i now have very chewed up and scarred cactus by my kitchen sink lol!! it just started to to get new growth.
i got mine to eat it by making a lettuce mazuri sandwich. i got it super soaked till it was extra runny, chopped in some of the favorite greens stirred and then spread it on a peace of baby romaine like you would peanut butter on bread. then i added the top of the sandwich. face the leaves in a way that the edges curl towards each other instead of away. to better hid the surprise inside... by the end of the day shorty gave in... now he loves it. Duma came to me already a piggy!
how old is Tatum?

Eweezyfosheezy said:
Great pic!!!
thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.