Duma and Shorty's first outing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
here is a video of Shorty and Duma meeting for the first time.

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/katgurl1981/?action=view&current=DSCF3585.mp4

anyone know how i can post a video?

so they had no interest in each other whatsoever. After Duma hid in my pant leg i just took some pictures.

and here they are.

DSCF3576.jpg
shorty showed interest in grazing for the first time :D:D so i will be taking him out back more. we think this is rye grass. is it ok for him to graze on? we are redoing our back yard so we will be replanting the grass once the work is done. I plan on planting St Augustine because it does so well in our front yard.

DSCF3578.jpg
Duma showed interest in a stick and tried to eat it :rolleyes:.

DSCF3562-1.jpg
Flash said hi... Flash is 12 years old, 3lb and has no teeth so i think the tortoise are safe :).

DSCF3561.jpg
Shorty

DSCF3568.jpg
Duma

DSCF3601.jpg
Mooch watching shorty try to wander off.

DSCF3593.jpg
Duma hiding in my pants leg.

DSCF3600.jpg
Duma letting me rub her head. I think she actually likes this. i can reach down to her from any angle and she wont get scared and will push against my finger when i rub her head. Does anyone else's tortoise do that?

here is another one.
DSCF3603.jpg

the end.:tort:
thank you for looking :)

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
very cute! and yes my Leopard Sonne pushes up on my finger when i rub his head to! i love it! :p:tort:

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
shorty wont let me touch his head so i respect his feeling and dont try... so Duma was a real surprise. she will even let me rub her neck with the tip of my nail. I love them!!! you need to post more pics of Sonne BTW :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cute pics. Be quiet about winter, maybe it will stay away:p Tatum my leopard also loves his head rubbed and will push up like yours. He also doesn't get bothered if I touch his legs and feet or when I kiss is cute little face over and over. He actually bobs his head and sticks it out further. His not minding me touching him makes it really nice for the daily look overs to make sure everything is okay:D

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
wellington said:
Cute pics. Be quiet about winter, maybe it will stay away:p Tatum my leopard also loves his head rubbed and will push up like yours. He also doesn't get bothered if I touch his legs and feet or when I kiss is cute little face over and over. He actually bobs his head and sticks it out further. His not minding me touching him makes it really nice for the daily look overs to make sure everything is okay:D

but if winter goes away that means it will be 110 here in no time! no fun! i bet it makes it easy that he lets you touch him all over! they will both let me touch their legs but shorty will actually let me hold his foot in my fingers and let me move it so i can better pick substrate out of his armpit. that is so cute that you can kiss Tatum!

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
Awesome pic, the one of being petted is great. Oh and nice Chihuahua, we have one and she is the greatest little dog, not the best minding, but still great.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
ripper7777777 said:
Awesome pic, the one of being petted is great. Oh and nice Chihuahua, we have one and she is the greatest little dog, not the best minding, but still great.

I dont think i could own another kind of dog after owning cleo and flash. they have been with me since i moved out on my own. they are my best buds :) some time i should post a video of all their tricks.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Cute pics! And Cooper also loves having his head rub'd and in the bath he even let's me scrub on his face to get it clean, which is a surprise to me! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice pics Melissa. I bet they loved that sunshine.

I have all sorts of different grass growing around me. Most of it is just wild/weed stuff that grows on its own and turns to foxtails if it lives long enough to go to seed. I don't know of any normal "grass" that they can't eat. I'm not sure about some of the bigger more decorative grasses, but mine eat all of the "regular" types of grasses with no problems.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Tom said:
Nice pics Melissa. I bet they loved that sunshine.

I have all sorts of different grass growing around me. Most of it is just wild/weed stuff that grows on its own and turns to foxtails if it lives long enough to go to seed. I don't know of any normal "grass" that they can't eat. I'm not sure about some of the bigger more decorative grasses, but mine eat all of the "regular" types of grasses with no problems.

That is really good to know. Thanks tom I feel better.... I was so happy he started grazing on grass. He has always grazed on newly sprouted grass that I grow in trays but this was the first time he chowed down on mature grass like that. Shorty loved the outing... I think Duma was scared to be out in the open. She kept hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.