Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Laura said:
Sorry if asking about spaying offends anyone.. But when you see what I see, its Extreamley offensive to me when cats are Not spayed and allowed to breed. if everyone worked in the 'backroom' of a shelter, Im sure things would change. But that is a different discussion.....

I have worked in the "backroom" as you call it of an animal shelter. I did have to be the person who played god and had to chose what animal lived or died. I do, as money and time allows, get all the feral and semi feral cats spayed and neutered, along with all their shots. I do feed out a big bag of feed each and every day. Any cat that comes along is allowed to stay. None of the cats born here, dumped here, and or just staggered in here will ever be visiting a shelter. In the past, I have adopted cats from shelters, so I think I have payed my dues there too. So yes, I did and do find your comments to be offensive.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:
I'd call it a mutt. :)

As any cat would tell you, "Mutt is a term for those lowly drooling creatures, not the purrrfect regal and royal feline." :p :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The little brat had me worried this morning, when she wasn't out with the rest of the litter playing. Next pass by all was well and she was nursing on Mom with the rest of them.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
In the cat fancey she'd be called blue mackeral patched tabby.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Itort said:

:D Somethings fishy sounding about that Larry. ;) :D Now I'll have to see if I can see a picture of one as an adult. Thanks!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
. .

Jacqui said:
Itort said:

:D Somethings fishy sounding about that Larry. ;) :D Now I'll have to see if I can see a picture of one as an adult. Thanks!

Here's one as an adult. This is our Rosie. Notice the tabby striped tail alongside the grey & tan patches of color. This one was a stray born in our neighbor's backyard. We adopted her as a baby. Interestingly her color pattern, particularly the tans, became more pronounced as she aged. She's 15 now.

The thing I like best about this color-scheme is that every blue patched tabby/ blue torbie is completely unique from all others. The patches are randomly distributed and the amount of "tabby" differs from individual to individual. :D

319491_3842862144866_385123204_n.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mctlong said:
Here's one as an adult. This is our Rosie. Notice the tabby striped tail alongside the grey & tan patches of color. This one was a stray born in our neighbor's backyard. We adopted her as a baby. Interestingly her color pattern, particularly the tans, became more pronounced as she aged. She's 15 now.

The thing I like best about this color-scheme is that every blue patched tabby/ blue torbie is completely unique from all others. The patches are randomly distributed and the amount of "tabby" differs from individual to individual. :D

319491_3842862144866_385123204_n.jpg

:( :( :( I wanna see! I wanna see! but it says the link is broken.

ShellyGinny29

5 Year Member
USA
Adorable!

It looks like a tabby-part-Siamese. That's what my grandparent's cat is, and he looked sort of like that as a kitten. Very cute kittens!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thank you. They are in the fun to watch stage, but then cats are always in "the fun to watch" stage. :D

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Portsmouth, VA
If she gets a little more Orange coloring, could be a Tortie Dilute. I can't upload a pic of Sophie from my phone unless it's a link (& I'm not that smart!).

Status
Not open for further replies.