turtle kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseynox

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
se michigan
let me start with i wasnt sure if i should put this here or in the other pets section so if it needs to be moved please do so & sorry

i have a new kitten that will not stay out of my 1 turtle tank (2malayan boxies)
so the first time i see her in there chillen under the heatlamp i just took her out no biggie, the next few times i sprayed her down with the squirt bottle which didnt phase this kitten 1 bit now shes all wet and what does she do go back under the heatlight because she know it will dry her
i dont keep this tank fully covered like my other because its over/in front of a heat register, now im thinking of screening in the top but then that means ill have extra steps 4 feeding time & whatnot.,.,.,. so at this point im asking myself well whats the harm the turtles dont seem to care they snuggle up with kitty.
i just dont know if theres any health concerns for either the turtles or the kitten, no she is not using it for a litter box and she doesnt mess with their food stuffs
yes i know covering it up is prolly the best thing but i think its kinda cute too
so im looking for some feedback on this 1 health concerns
025.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
cats like heat, I always find mine basking under the lights in my house, besides covering it I don't know of any other way, mine also seem impervious to squirt bottles.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Too cute! My cats snuggle with my tortoises with no issues. I just keep them away from the little hatchlings. Good luck!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
You could always just give Kitty her own basking light. If you put it in a favorite place she might prefer it and then you wouldn't have to cover your tank. Cats also like heated kennel decks, and something like that might work into your decor better than another heat lamp.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
This is HUGE problem IMO.
I think you absolutely have too get the tank covered and keep the kitten out of it.
if she were to knock over the lights there is the very real possibility of a fire.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I agree with Kenny, unless that clamp lamp is tacked on there tight it could knock it over easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.