What am I forgetting???

Mallykc

5 Year Member
Hi tort loving friends,

Cedar is officially moving inside in 2 weeks. I've been slowly buying everything I need to make him an indoor tort. I finished building the shelf that his enclosure in going on last night and start his enclosure next week.
This is everything I have so far...

ImageUploadedByTortForum1385429766.866222.jpg

-Low sided pool (flowery dish-same thing he used this past summer)
-2 dome lights (how can I hang these? Do I need new ones? Last time I used these they sat on a wire lid..I was hoping to hang them over the table)
-Solar glo
-CHE
-Temp controller (have no clue how that works)
-Substrate, fiber, husk and some bark in his current temporary enclosure. He also has some rocks that I'll use as well
-Temp monitor
-Shower curtain to help water proof his wooden enclosure (do I just staple this in place?)
-Calcium in 2 forms

What do y'all think? What am I forgetting? The hide box will be build into the table. I will slowly by live plants once I am settled into my new place.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.

Oh yea, Cedar is a small 5 pound sulcata.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Looks good. I just took a quick glance, but it looks like you have everything. What about a hiding place. Did I miss seeing that?

Mallykc

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Looks good. I just took a quick glance, but it looks like you have everything. What about a hiding place. Did I miss seeing that?

The plan is to build it into the enclosure. Is that ok?

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
You seem perfectly prepared ! Well done ! :)

Also i dont knew how to hang them because i use a wire lid but I'm guessing you could just take one of those hook screw things and attach them to the ceiling but im not too sure , do more research on that .

And for the shower curtain , stapling would be perfect ! I've also seen people use gorilla tape but stapling it would be great !

Mallykc

5 Year Member
Thanks Ashley for the reply!

I guess it's going to be trail and error for hanging the lights.