were can i get cheap reptile suppiles online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Ooo yes those are both good suggestions! I have ordered from carolinapetsupply in the past (I ordered a bulb, coir bricks, cuttlebone and TNT) and received my order VERY quickly.
I recently purchased coir bricks from petmountain.com and they were very inexpensive! Although I haven't received them yet so maybe I should wait to sing my praises until after they're delivered ;)

mom2twinsplus2

5 Year Member
petmountain.com is has fabulous prices and I have had great experiences with them everytime I have ordered. They always have one coupon deal or another going and if your order is over 150.00, free shipping as well.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i sell Mazuri, plant seeds that are native to the mojave desert (for desert tortoises), and cactus. need any of this stuff? i accept many forms of payment, and I ship fast, USPS priority mail.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I vote petmountain.com. Love the prices. :)

I

Italianlnm

I'm with meg. I love pet mountain. The prices are very reasonable.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I vote for LLLreptile! =] Pretty much the only place I buy my supplies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I like LLL Reptile too. Loren, the owner, has always been very good to me and they go to every reptile show in Southern California. In my opinion, this shows support of the hobby and us, and that matters to me.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I don't like the animals from LLL though. A lot of them are imports. And so far two separate people from two separate batches of Tegus have had problems---malnourished, no growth, MBD, etc.

But their supplies prices aren't bad.

fifthdawn

5 Year Member
I order from http://reptilesupply.com/

I've ordered from them for years and never had any problem. They also claim to have the lowest prices. If you find a cheaper item, call and they will match the price. They don't sell live animals though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Meg90 said:
I don't like the animals from LLL though. A lot of them are imports. And so far two separate people from two separate batches of Tegus have had problems---malnourished, no growth, MBD, etc.

But their supplies prices aren't bad.
I bought my current Red Tegu from LLL. He was in excellent health when I bought him and he's in excellent health now( Although he's hibernating ). MBD, undersized for its age, or mal-nourished would be pretty easily seen on an animal held in your hand and examined in good light, and no one would buy that. If those two people bought animals, I'd have to assume they were healthy at the time of purchase(especially knowing LLL) and if they became unhealthy or failed to thrive later on, that would be the fault of the person caring for them, would it not? Unless I'm mistaken, all Argentine Tegus are captive bred are they not? Nobody is importing them that I know of. So are we talking about a Columbian(gold)?

I've bought lots of animals from them over many years and never had a single problem. I've also never seen a bad or even marginal animal on their table. Nothing, but top quality, healthy animals. I'd hate to see a great persons reputation sullied because of somebody else's "operator error".

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
They ship their animals out. All of those people bought from the ads online, not the store. And no, Argis are still farmed and then imported just like the Colos are. Its the same thing as WC in my book.

There are only three direct breeders of Tegu in the country that I know. Bobby Hill of Varnyard (who I love) and Jonny LaRocca of TeguTerra and Agama International (who have become questionable supposedly)

I saw the LLL table at a show in Sept and I was pissed. Their tegus are underfed and tiny. I asked when they were feeding them, and got the answer "every other day or so". A growing tegu should be fed daily unless slowed down for brumation. Their animals have problems more often then not from what I have seen. I might be getting a rescue LLL gu. Its 10 months old and still fits on a hand. The other baby I saw suffered a spine injury in a properly setup 20L. He was seizing and paralyzed. The owner had him for a month under UVB lights, and fed a properly Ca dusted diet. It was the genetics and treatment of the animal before he got it that caused its demise.

My girl from Varnyard, Cleo is just 5 1/2 months old. I'd say she measures 26-28" and is still growing. She sheds about every 3 weeks or so, sometimes less. How big is your red?

All and all, this is alittle OT, but I do think it fits in this thread---esp if fburkhart is thinking of buying a tegu off the internet!:p

HJS98

5 Year Member
I saw the LLL table at a show in Sept and I was pissed. Their tegus are underfed and tiny. I asked when they were feeding them, and got the answer "every other day or so". A growing tegu should be fed daily unless slowed down for brumation. Their animals have problems more often then not from what I have seen. I might be getting a rescue LLL gu. Its 10 months old and still fits on a hand. The other baby I saw suffered a spine injury in a properly setup 20L. He was seizing and paralyzed. The owner had him for a month under UVB lights, and fed a properly Ca dusted diet. It was the genetics and treatment of the animal before he got it that caused its demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.