Weeds

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Was wondering if the first one is narrow leaf plantain? Picture two and three are of a different weed, no idea. Our field is full of them and was wondering if they should be avoided or not. Thank you.20180604_161903.jpeg20180604_162111.jpeg20180604_161646.jpeg

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Sorry about all the weed questions you guys. This is my last one for a month, promise. Some of the broadleaf plantain that I was picking today had a brown worm-like run through the foilage. I was just wondering if you think it may be some kind of fungus or something and if I should avoid the ones that have that. I might be over thinking this. 20180604_184324.jpeg

daniellenc

Maryland
It’s probably rain rot and fine or sun burn, or bugs eating, or the fact it’s wild and stuff happens. I just rip it off cause I have no clue what it is but I wouldn’t eat it on my salad;)

Jay Bagley

Michigan
It’s probably rain rot and fine or sun burn, or bugs eating, or the fact it’s wild and stuff happens. I just rip it off cause I have no clue what it is but I wouldn’t eat it on my salad;)
Thankyou, I worry way too *** much.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Yeah I don’t know but I’ve seen it. I just tear around it. Is it infection from bacteria, mold, other fungi? Too much water or too hot sun? I just know in the wild it happens lol.
That makes sense, are field contains a lot of clay so it retains water pretty good and it has been pretty damp back there. Thanks again.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sorry about all the weed questions you guys. This is my last one for a month, promise. Some of the broadleaf plantain that I was picking today had a brown worm-like run through the foilage. I was just wondering if you think it may be some kind of fungus or something and if I should avoid the ones that have that. I might be over thinking this.

I just read about that somewhere and now I can't remember where. Its a bug that gets in there between he layers and eats. Its harmless and you can feed those leaves to your tortoise. I do.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I just read about that somewhere and now I can't remember where. Its a bug that gets in there between he layers and eats. Its harmless and you can feed those leaves to your tortoise. I do.
Thanks Tom. You just saved me from a lot of scissor work, and also from throwing away a lot of good tortoise food.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Thank you guys. I fed him a large handful of both the broad leaf and narrow leaf today with some grass. He ate it like he had never been fed before.