weather

phebe121

I noticed my torts always are sleepy if its raniy outside even know there in the house is anyone's torts like this to and they alway want to sleep after a day of playing out side and bath and running the house i try to keep them where they can release there energy

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
My russian actually like rainy days, but my sulcata is usually in her shed. If the turtles live outdoors, I know THEY'D be doing the happy dance!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know what it's called but they can detect things in the weather atmosphere etc, like we can't. Even fish in aquariums can detect these kinds of things.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
All the torts here (California Desert Tortoise and Redfoot torts) get to pacing, like they are doing the rain dance.....for hours in what appears to be anticipation....longing....and such...even though they all have their own soaking areas every day all day....there is something about the entire natural process that gets them charged and ready....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My R/F also get very frisky when it rains. I used to go out and make sure that my adult, Julio was in his dog house, but he just climbs back out. Only after it has rained for HOURS does it look like he's finally had enough and goes for shelter, but even then it's for a flower pot that only shelters a little bit.