Wax Worms vs Butter Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmanzana

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver, CO.. but my heart is in Orlando, FL.
I have three healthy RF's and have been feeding them the diet according to redfoots.com. I wanted to toss in an extra treat and substitute the catfood once a month for live protein. I made a trip to Petco and got he glazed over look when I was comparing the different worms. Superworms are scary looking and smelly so I'm going to opt out of anything that looks like it'll eat my tortoises for a snack.

They had wax worms which didn't smell any better but looked more easily digestable than the meal or superworms.

Which are best for Redfoots and how much? Currently Roxy is 5.5", Milly is 6.5" and lil No Name is 4.25" long. They're all healthy eaters, I just don't want to overfeed live protein.

Suggestions please?

Also, I won't buy from Petco as packages say 50ct, 100 ct, but truly it's a 10ct when you consider all the dead dried out worms inside the container. (I opened all 30 containers and got weird looks from the sales peeps). Any suggestions as to who are great sellers of these lil grubs?

Thank you! :D

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Mine love superworms and butterworms. I like butterworms because I'm told they have high calcium. My Cherries are lazy too - they don't like to chase the superworms and the butterworms can't get away like that. You can start your own superworm colony and breed them yourself. It's really easy and you can gut load them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.