Protien

seadogrun

Location (City and/or State)
Pompano Beach, FL
I have recently learned that my RF should eat some protein. Instead of chicken or fish, I have chosen to feed him something that he might find in his natural habitat, worms/insects.

I borrowed a few superworms from a friend with a different reptile and my RF seems to love them. I was surprised to see how aggressive he was with them, My RF is a carnivorous monster!!

Anyway, I am just not sure how many worms to give him and how often. Any advise is appreciated. His/her last weigh in was a couple of months ago at 400grams.

Thanks,

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I have recently learned that my RF should eat some protein. Instead of chicken or fish, I have chosen to feed him something that he might find in his natural habitat, worms/insects.

I borrowed a few superworms from a friend with a different reptile and my RF seems to love them. I was surprised to see how aggressive he was with them, My RF is a carnivorous monster!!

Anyway, I am just not sure how many worms to give him and how often. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,
I feed protein once a week. When I do worms I do 3-4 Earthworms per tort.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I feed mine protein weekly... most of the time I feed reptilinks, but also do raw salmon, raw liver, and scrambled eggs (with shells).

Jamie

DJ Kirk

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
I offer a boiled egg once a month to supplement protein
I also offer mealworms every so often (2-3x/month)
But I do use pellets once a week and the one I use has protein
Too much protein is not good for a RF

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Raw shrimp is Arty's favorite food. I try to give a hard boiled egg every once in a while too.