Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
I have a 20gallon tetra fauna filter with whisper technology would I be possible to make a waterfall using this inside my enclosure when I build it to help create natural humidity? And if so how could it be done. I already have a bucket full of various sized rocks to make the waterfall effect. Anybody know how to do this and if it would even help humidity levels?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would use aquarium glue and glue them in a stack. Do a dry run first until you get it how you want it. Keeping ledges sticking out a little farther than the one above it as you get to the bottom. Then glue. However, you will have to let the filter water drop down onto it to get the effect. Which means you will have to have the water level low enough to let water fall down the fall, yet high enough that the filter can still suck up the water to filter. It might work better if you used a water pump with a hose attached and stream the hose to the top of the fall. See if anyone else has some ideas. Good luck. Oh ya, it should help with humidity:D

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Well I was thinking using the filter would be better because it would keep the water clean :-/ like something of a waterfall/soaking/drinking thing going on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.