Exo Terra Waterfall & Fogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
Hi I am working on Master Oogways enclosure. I was going to purchase the Exo Terra Medium Waterfall & Fogger to add humidity. I looked on Amazon & the reviews were not impressive. I searched the forum past posts & not much either way of how well they work long term. Any opinions on this waterfall from those who have used or it or know someone who has. Thanks

theelectraco

5 Year Member
RE: Exo Terra Waterfall & Fogger

I havent heard much good about the water falls, mainly just a breeding ground for bacteria. I use the ReptiFogger and I am a fan, and there are a few others here who is it, it also doesnt have the best of reviews but I havent had any issues with it.

And they clog easily.

Zeko

5 Year Member
MasterOogway said:
Hi I am working on Master Oogways enclosure. I was going to purchase the Exo Terra Medium Waterfall & Fogger to add humidity. I looked on Amazon & the reviews were not impressive. I searched the forum past posts & not much either way of how well they work long term. Any opinions on this waterfall from those who have used or it or know someone who has. Thanks

Hello,

I am on the road right now, so I can't send you pictures. But I use(d) 3 exoterra foggers to keep humidity at 90% with an open top on the enclosure. The foggers work great... for a while and then die. When they die, they emit the most annoying loud pitch whine that will not go away until the fan is replaced. They will supply free fans, but changing them every 3 weeks is not much fun.

What the best solution is, is to pick up a proper humidifier and run your own plumbing to get it up to the top of the cage. This weekend I will upload pictures and a small guide, if you like.

Hope this helps,
Brad

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA

I use the reptifogger as well. Don't know too much about the waterfall. I guess it's plus is its a nice decoration in the enclosure

MasterOogway

5 Year Member

Thanks everyone didn't think about the bacteria :( . I would love to see the pictures Brad when you get a chance. Thanks again!

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL
I think most of the issues people have with humidifiers is the use of regular water. Distilled water will cause it to last much longer, since the amount of minerals is drastically reduced. I know I use distilled water in my humidor humidifier for that reason.

abclements

5 Year Member
I don't know anything about that specific waterfall feature, but I used this Zoo Med Kit:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IMEA2S/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

It's worked great for me and I've had it for 2 or 3 months now. The only set back is you have to create the actual waterfall part yourself. It just comes with a pump, hose and some clay balls. But it's really cool! If you want to use this you can PM me and I'd be more than happy to send you pictures and ideas!

MasterOogway

5 Year Member

I was originally planning to purchase the reptile fogger as it was recommended to me but then I came across this waterfall & fogger. I thought it would look nice but function is more important that is for sure. As far as bacteria if it was cleaned weekly and distilled water used would that keep the bacteria down or are humidifiers or the reptile fogger easier to clean?

theelectraco

5 Year Member

MasterOogway said:
I was originally planning to purchase the reptile fogger as it was recommended to me but then I came across this waterfall & fogger. I thought it would look nice but function is more important that is for sure. As far as bacteria if it was cleaned weekly and distilled water used would that keep the bacteria down or are humidifiers or the reptile fogger easier to clean?

I dont think weekly would be enough for a waterfall but for a fogger that would be fine. If you want a.waterfall you could make your own with an in-tank filter made for.aqauriums (tetra makes a few).then at least you know it will be filtered better. As long as its sitting in at least 2.5 inches of water they work. Ive done it before for.firebelly toaflds

Toads*

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Guggie said:
I think most of the issues people have with humidifiers is the use of regular water. Distilled water will cause it to last much longer, since the amount of minerals is drastically reduced. I know I use distilled water in my humidor humidifier for that reason.

This is a great consideration for the life of the fogger.

If it's an ultrasonic fogger, the distilled or reverse osmosis water is a good idea for another reason, the fogger will aerosolize the minerals, and they would get breathed in. When at a zoo, with a huge amphibian collection this was a major concern of our curator, also a global authority and vet on amphibian medicine. Use distilled or reverse osmosis water, not bottled drinking water, that has minerals added.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.