Water quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

idan_uk

5 Year Member
Can't seem to keep my water clear, after and few days it turns green like pea soup, I don't believe it to be algae bloom it's not that intense, the water is clear from particles but I want it crystal clear, I've Tryed all the nitrate removers and water treatments but nothing is helping, I've tested the water and it was high in n02 but that's sorted now, any tips?

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chester County, PA
We have a pond and when that happened we put goldfish in it! Just 5 in 150 gallons. The fish ate the algae. The water is clear and filtered through a bog-- full of gravel. I siphon it out (about 60 percent) every three months. Works out well. How big is your water source??

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sunlight + water = algae

eagle

5 Year Member
Shanghai, China
@idan_uk: i know what you mean. You want as clean as like other aquariums where you have only fishes, right? I guess that would be real hard to accomplish with turtles as they are very messy.

@Sailing: then, wouldn't turtles try to eat goldfish?

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
eagle said:
@idan_uk: i know what you mean. You want as clean as like other aquariums where you have only fishes, right? I guess that would be real hard to accomplish with turtles as they are very messy.

@Sailing: then, wouldn't turtles try to eat goldfish?

The goldfish are fast. The pond is big. For the turtles specifically I use a glazed piece of pottery -- that I keep very clean for drinking. They love it!

SailingMystic said:
The goldfish are fast. The pond is big. For the tortoise and turtle specifically, I use a glazed piece of pottery -- that I keep very clean for drinking. They love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.