Water lover

oneeyedClyde

Does anyone else have an eastern box turtle that stays in their water bowl? Our boxie hands out in her water bowl all hours of the day/night. I'm convinced she sleeps in it too... does anyone else see this with theirs?

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
not mine personally but i know many members that have box turtles that love water. it's a very common thing for them to hangout in water a lot, especially younger ones. you couple give her a larger or slightly deeper pool if she enjoys it that much. when i received my adult ebt i had a large tub in her enclosure thinking she'd enjoy it...turns out she never used it so i replaced it for a smaller one and more roaming room :)

WilliamB

Sv: Water lover

It is very individual. Some will love water others will prefer dry land. Just like humans

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I have one that will do that. I have to wait forever for her to get out of it so I can clean the dish an replace the water..... Then she comes running across the pen to get into the clean dish and gives you the "stink eye" like I was trying to rob her or something !!
:D it's cute to watch

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
I have some that used to stay in the water all day long. Not so much anymore. My water babies were gulf coast boxies and to a lesser degree, my ornates spent alot of time swimming and soaking.

Pameladale

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Water lover

Irwin4530 said:
I have one that will do that. I have to wait forever for her to get out of it so I can clean the dish an replace the water..... Then she comes running across the pen to get into the clean dish and gives you the "stink eye" like I was trying to rob her or something !!
:D it's cute to watch

Haha mine does that too. They have the greatest personalitys.