Walking the perimeter

xMario

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
I recently changed my setup a bit by that I mean I moved some plants on different locations and also put the water dish on the hot side... is it normal that after I change something my tort goes insane for 3-4 days and walks the perimeter fast ?
It almost seems like he's pissed that I changed the setup but after a few days he accepts it...

S

SuIcata

I recently changed my setup a bit by that I mean I moved some plants on different locations and also put the water dish on the hot side... is it normal that after I change something my tort goes insane for 3-4 days and walks the perimeter fast ?
It almost seems like he's pissed that I changed the setup but after a few days he accepts it...
That's a normal behavior don't worry torts just don't like it if there environment gets changed

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
This is a timely thread for me to be reading ... I just changed Darwin's enclosure totally, and he is alternating between exploring every inch and taking breaks to (swear to god) glare at me thorough the glass.

Jamie

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is a timely thread for me to be reading ... I just changed Darwin's enclosure totally, and he is alternating between exploring every inch and taking breaks to (swear to god) glare at me thorough the glass.

Jamie
He's going: "Where am I? This isn't my territory..."