Vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

un-loco

5 Year Member
Have a sweet vivarium setup for my redfoot (his brand new indoor home while its still cool outside) and he/she is going to town on its edible arrangements. At some point is he gunna relax on it, or am i gunna have to try and regulate what he is eating? and as he is running a muck, is he still gunna eat his good produce? This stuff is edible I know for sure, but I wouldn't think it is a good "Diet" although it is varied...

quickedit... I have spider plant and snapdragons and planted Bermuda grass seeds. I plan on a few more "Safe to feed" varieties from thetortoisetable. So, in that, I do assume (as it is in the same categories as escarole, dandelions, and other staple foods) that they can be part of a staple diet?

Just some stuff I didnt think about before I created this forrest in a tank. :-/ Great idea, bad plan catagory. heh

other than that, he is in LOVE with the Vivarium. He was always secluded and never out in his tub, but now he is out of control redecorating, soaking, and if he had lips, i could see him smiling.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N. Utah
ummmm.... could we get pics to share in the adoration? Would like to see what you have set up.

un-loco

5 Year Member
Here ya go!

Attachments

• eatme.jpg
    eatme.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 94
  • elusive.jpg
    elusive.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 97
  • enc.jpg
    enc.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 96

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's beautiful, Tim. No wonder your tortoise likes it!

un-loco

5 Year Member
Thanks!!! took hours upon hours at lowes and walmart trying to find plants that he could eat as much as he wanted, and I only came home with 2 and some grass seeds, lol. I have much more in mind once the garden centers restock for the spring, just did not expect him to eat as much as he did on his first tour of the place lol I cant wait for some of my dandelion seeds to get here too. Hard to imagine I ordered seeds for a common weed I used to pluck out of my parents yard.

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
Very nice! I just planted some nasturium that I would like to see come up. My viv is a tad bare right now and my lil' one needs some stimulation, I am going to have to take o cue from yours. What plants did you come up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.