Status
Not open for further replies.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
AZ
So what's going on?

Every other commercial is about jewelry or something to the effect that we are supposed to give some more fancy gifts this weekend.

My girlfriend has been making all kinds of hints for the past 2 weeks that I'd rather just give her the credit card and then go out and drink with the boys. What's the deal?

Isn't a fancy supper created by yours truly, dancing with yours truly, cuddling, etc, and a gift from the heart that's shiny and sparkly and maybe low in calories enough?

What if I got her a Tort? It's like a rock and lasts a century. That's like forever.

21479bplooney-tunes-pepe-le-pew-posters.jpg

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hahaha, I love Pepe LePew! :D

I can't help you with the jewelry thing...Fred and I always just exchange cards, and he writes the best and most romantic cards...he complains that I have all the writing skills but he SO has me beat on writing sweet nothings! Feeling loved is all I need on Valentine's Day. :p

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Yeah, but, that a 365 thing. Just a simple text or phone call in the morning can keep a woman's libido gears turning all day. It's till fun the flirt with each other. Maybe the mr should try that.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
So what's going on?

Every other commercial is about jewelry or something to the effect that we are supposed to give some more fancy gifts this weekend.

My girlfriend has been making all kinds of hints for the past 2 weeks that I'd rather just give her the credit card and then go out and drink with the boys. What's the deal?

Isn't a fancy supper created by yours truly, dancing with yours truly, cuddling, etc, and a gift from the heart that's shiny and sparkly and maybe low in calories enough?

What if I got her a Tort? It's like a rock and lasts a century. That's like forever.

21479bplooney-tunes-pepe-le-pew-posters.jpg

[/quote]

Apparently not. :D

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
As the girlfriend of the relationship I have to beg to differ! I made a joke about wanting a box of chocolates but do I want a diamond? Noway!

I'd just do backflips if Reid got me a tortoise! MUCH better than a darn necklace, that's for sure!

Hell, if I want anything this V-day its a new terrarium for one of my geckos!

Maybe you just have the wrong kind of girl, Webskip! ;)

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
If I get a diamond, it better be a damn ring!!! I have his kid and we have been together for 6 years now!!!!

NO REALLY:

I guess this is the first year I am not going to mention it.. if he remembers great, if not no big deal. I think its more important that I get him something...

Were waiting on our tax return and if it comes soon enough, i will get him his laptop he wants and needs.

Since he works out of town mon-fri to take care of his family, He deserves the Gift, not me.

I just looked up V-days origin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Awww I love Pepe le Pew :D He is just soo cute :D. My fiance bought me Hermy for Valentine's day 2 years ago :D, I wass sooo happy :D. We went and see him at the pet store on the 14th, gave a deposit, bought everything and prepared everything and 2 days later, Hermy was home with us :D.

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
I think Valentine's Day is awesome. Maybe that's because I'm a sap though. I really like the idea of taking a time out and letting your partner now how much you love and appreciate them. Matt and I have been each others Valentine since we were kids and I have a collection of all the cards he's made me. I really like having a little time capsule of our relationship. Provided I get another one to add to the collection I'll be happy, but hey, if he wants to get me something sparkly I'm not gonna complain about that :) I think some people feel pressure like they have to do something big, but I feel it's more important that it's thoughtful, not that its expensive.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Chris Isom said:
i made a simple photo album with pictures of us from over the past year and all the things we have done. that with a little card and some good words and my gf will melt :) lol

Very nice... your going to get crazy wild nookie over that

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Easy there, Terra...family forum, remember?

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Meg90 said:
I'd just do backflips if Reid got me a tortoise! MUCH better than a darn necklace, that's for sure!

Maybe you just have the wrong kind of girl, Webskip! ;)

Maybe you are kissing the wrong frog. :cool:

She mentioned something about if I had plans Saturday. I said in a deep drawl, sure I do, It's the first day of NASCAR. I got bopped on the head.

Sunday is that other holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.