Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The Ginger that Maggie referred to in her post is the gal that she went with to "rescue" that young sulcata this past summer. Just goes to show what nice people tortoise folks are.

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Don't forget to follow up on the pressure wash with one of the traction ideas mentioned above!!

I am now enjoying a vision of someone, or rather several someones, attempting to kidnap Bob. Somehow I just can't believe that mere humans could force Bob in any direction in which he does not choose to go. I guess if you really wanted to strain your back, neck and arms, you could attempt to lift/drag/turn a Sulcata the size of Bob across the yard and then endeavor to elevate the 100+ pound Chelonian into, say, the back of a pickup truck. Any volunteers? No? Me either!:p

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
maggie3fan said:
Thanks so much for all the good thoughts I really appreciate it. I went to the ER yesterday and my regular Doctor and the end result being I have 3 broken toes and another broken bone in my right foot. There's a couple of chips out too but I didn't much understand what he was saying. He had a thick accent that I couldn't understand.
My left ankle is a catastrophic sprain. So I am limited to laying on the couch for a while.
Ginger and her husband are coming over this afternoon in between storms and he is going to pressure wash my back steps and my deck. That will get the slime off and make the stairs not slippery. How's that for friends!!! They just decided to help and are going to do that for me. I SO much appreciate that. I will be able to use those stairs all winter without the fear of slipping anymore. Gosh that's nice! wonderful friends!
I actually think they are using this as an excuse to figure out how to kidnap Bob...:)

I was thinking as I was reading this "What if Bob slipped off of the steps" because we know he can climb them. Good thing your friends are helping you out. Good luck Maggie.

M

Maggie Cummings

Well, Ginger and her husband just left. What nice people! This is the first time I've met her husband Greg and he is just the nicest guy! Good lookin too!. But of course it was getting dark as he started so he didn't do the whole deck just the stairs and the way I would walk to them. Ginger took off the bandage over my biopsy spot and she washed it with a chlorhexadine solution (just what we use on tortoises) and then she took off the elastic bandage covering my ankle...OMG! You should see it...it's swollen up big and it's black! I'm gonna take a picture and post it I think. Guess I need to go lay down. I've had a big day...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Maggie this is not the kind of thread I want to be reading! Just glad only one foot contains broken bones.

Glad you have somebody local who is such a good person to help you fix this problem. I think Ginger better look out or you might trade Bob for her husband. :p

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awww Maggie I'm sorry this had to happen to you! I think sprains can be a lot worse than breaks sometimes. I sure have had some that took longer to heal than a break. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Wish I was closer to come over and help.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Sprains are worse then breaks.. :-(
At least you didnt break a hip!
Gotta get some sort of traction on those stairs.. NOW!
take care.. stay warm.. dry..

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Oh nooooo ! Maggie Im so so sorry Ive only read this now ! Gosh girl, you gotta stop trying to fly around ;) Im so glad you're okay - Im just really sorry to hear, sounds really painful !!!! Thinking of you my friend! Sending you many healing hugs ! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.