using hind legs to wipe tail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago IL
So my adult female three toe Kala was outside today in the garden and I noticed on a handful of occasions she would stop walking and take one hind leg and push it against her tail. Then she would take the other leg and push at her tail. She was doing it pretty fast though as if wiping her tail. Has anyone ever seen this before ?? I checked her tail and didn't see anything stuck on it ...

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
I see that quite often. If you watch they are usually going potty or trying too. I'm not sure the logic, other than they are helping 'work it out'. I have seen this while laying eggs too. Perfectly normal :) No worries :)

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Better palpate her and make sure she's not gravid.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
supremelysteve said:
Better palpate her and make sure she's not gravid.

Is that when u push on the soft skin by their legs and feel for eggs ?

I did kind of notice my hatchling also doing it too , so maybe it is to help go to the bathroom ..

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Yikes ! I have only had her about 5 weeks so I don't know if she was with a male before...

Yikes ! I have only had her about 5 weeks so I don't know if she was with a male before...

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Good point . I forgot that I read that they can still lay infertile eggs without a male. Has that happened to any of ur females ?

Status
Not open for further replies.