pregnant ebt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
waco tx
i have a female eastern that is peggo.. I dont know how far along she is, but when i slightly press my fingers in front of her hind legs i can feel at least three eggs.. she is so bloated she can hardly close her shell.. she is housed outside with her male, but i have a rubber maid water trauf with peatmoss and sand for her to lay eggs.. what signs will i see that will let me know she is ready to lay. Her anus seems a little swollen and her tail was wet this morning....:tort:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
When she is gravid and ready to lay, they often pace and of course when you see her digging a hole.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
if the male is still pestering her, Id seperate them. let her be and make sure she has a good place to dig.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
She will most likely stop eating for about a day or two prior to laying. She will be very active at dusk pacing the enclosure. Mine always lay eggs on very humid nights, I'm from delaware and the past two nights my females laid eggs. I usually catch them digging a hole in the corner of the enclosure or at the base of a bush. They take a while to dig a hole so if you're able to check on them every 2 hours you will probably catch her in the act.

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
waco tx
i placed her in her nursery.. i dont think she likes it to much.. she has already buried her self. This is her first batch, and if she lays them tonite is there a risk she will damage them when she starts moveing around.....
My next question is.. i live in an area where ebt are wild(even tho its rare to see them anymore)... should i use the incubator, or would it be okay if i leave them outside to heat naturally in the shade.. the mornings stay around 70, and the midday heat gets around 94. our humity level never drops below 40 percent.. :tort:

the sand/peatmoss is about 8 inches deep.. is that too deep or deep enough.. the container i had to use is medium sized storage container...
lol.. sorry i guess im a nervous new dad..lol.. its funny ive had this lil girl for close to 7 years, ever since she was the size of a quarter.. cannot belive she is about to lay..

mtdavis817254 said:
i placed her in her nursery.. i dont think she likes it to much.. she has already buried her self. This is her first batch, and if she lays them tonite is there a risk she will damage them when she starts moveing around.....
My next question is.. i live in an area where ebt are wild(even tho its rare to see them anymore)... should i use the incubator, or would it be okay if i leave them outside to heat naturally in the shade.. the mornings stay around 70, and the midday heat gets around 94. our humity level never drops below 40 percent.. :tort:

the sand/peatmoss is about 8 inches deep.. is that too deep or deep enough.. the container i had to use is medium sized storage container...
lol.. sorry i guess im a nervous new dad..lol.. its funny ive had this lil girl for close to 7 years, ever since she was the size of a quarter.. cannot belive she is about to lay..

and im scared she is going to lay them while im at work and try to get out of the small container and damage the eggs.. her regular inclosure is large and full of foliage.. if she lays them in there ill never find them.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
then let nature do its thing...
and work on making her a better enclosure for next time.
She should dig a hole and lay, and then cover them up. so no damage.

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
Laura said:
then let nature do its thing...
and work on making her a better enclosure for next time.
She should dig a hole and lay, and then cover them up. so no damage.

Thanks... , and better?? Like smaller?? Remove some of the plants and foilage??

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Bigger Nursery, Or a bigger enclosure.
If you post pics.. then people can give you suggestions and ideas.
Is she outside?

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
She might not lay in a small confined area. I just do a head check at dusk, since mine all seem to lay then

Status
Not open for further replies.