Update on rescued injured sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logz23

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond VA
I posted a few days ago about a found sulcata with shell injury and said i would post pictures but had camera problems.No problems anymore, here are some pics of his injury and his enclosure.I have a 125 watt mercury vapor bulb, 100 watt ceramic heat bulb, a bag of grazing tortoise seed mix from carolinasupply and some cuttlebones on the way right now.I just added the lower level of the enclosure on sat. i will be growing all of his food on the right side underneath the table.I still have to get some more plastic to line the bottom with and some more substrate ( i used vinyl flooring followed by two shower curtain liners with cypress mulch up top).On sunday i stripped pieces of bark off of freshly cut poplar tree and made them into a nice looking hide in one corner up top and also lined the tunnel with it too (pics soon).I really would like to hear about the injury, i have been using triple antibiotic ointment and have gotten rid of the drywall tape and duct tape for a large bandage. I thought that the flies could still get through tape so i got rid of it. Any input would be helpful, i found him a week ago in the middle of the road.
2009058.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.