Update on my rescued sulcata.

AnaKen

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I moved Willow to this temporary home, better than the tank she was in. we live in south Texas so the humidity and heat seem to be ideal for her. Will still bring her in a night. Trying to incorporate new foodo because they had her on boxed salad. Is it ok to leave her out most of the day? She seems to be loving it. Still not very mobile and very skittish but it’s only been a few days with me. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

• EDFB33E7-7A5A-49F2-9585-28EDAD1EFAA0.jpeg
    EDFB33E7-7A5A-49F2-9585-28EDAD1EFAA0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I moved Willow to this temporary home, better than the tank she was in. we live in south Texas so the humidity and heat seem to be ideal for her. Will still bring her in a night. Trying to incorporate new foodo because they had her on boxed salad. Is it ok to leave her out most of the day? She seems to be loving it. Still not very mobile and very skittish but it’s only been a few days with me. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Try to make it larger as soon as you can & throw a piece of plywood over 1/3 of it to create a fully shaded area. Is that a pop-up sprinkler head in there? If so, good. If not, make sure you take watering can & give your tort a nice drenching a few times a day.

AnaKen

Texas
Try to make it larger as soon as you can & throw a piece of plywood over 1/3 of it to create a fully shaded area. Is that a pop-up sprinkler head in there? If so, good. If not, make sure you take watering can & give your tort a nice drenching a few times a day.
Thank you, yes currently looking for a larger enclosure. Thanks for the tips, very much appreciated.