Unhealthy Looking Sulcata in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Riverbank, CA
If we could some how ship this guy to Jacqui i would love to pick up when i can. That is tiny for a 7 year old must have been raised on fruits and no humidity. Just let me know what you want to do Erika.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Oh, good lord. If you all in CA can coordinate pickup and shipping to his foster home, I can send the funds. See if the seller is willing to take less $$, especially if we don't want/need the supplies... Let me know what you all coordinate. Whoever is going to pick him up, contact me through PM so I can get funds to you.

Jacqui, I take it you want to be the foster mama?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
STILL waiting on the price response...ugh! Robopeen and Waterboy...try to coordinate something and let me know. That way I can tell the seller a good time.

Ok, she said she doesn't want to budge on price because all the stuff she is "giving" with him costs quite a bit and he needs them to live happy.

:(

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
LuckysGirl007 said:
STILL waiting on the price response...ugh! Robopeen and Waterboy...try to coordinate something and let me know. That way I can tell the seller a good time.

Ok, she said she doesn't want to budge on price because all the stuff she is "giving" with him costs quite a bit and he needs them to live happy.

I just emailed the person and asked if I could get a better price since he's in poor health and I wouldn't need any of the items that are coming with him.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Oh, my...please make this happen for this poor guy soon. I will not sleep well worrying about him getting somewhere safe. How do they end up this way? How are people so ignorant? Bless you Jacqui...

SBeanie

5 Year Member
California
I live less then 40mins away from him. If the ride/shipping fails I can pick him up.. But as the shipping someone should walk me through with that.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Good night nurse! Poor guy. I'm not far either, if he needs a ride I will happily drive to get him!

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
That's great! Thanks everyone for all the willingness to help this "Dude" out! I'm waiting for the owner to hopefully give me her phone number. I'll let all you CA people figure out the driving/transportation issues on our own. Whoever is going to pick him up be sure to PM Shellysmom. Also, send me a PM with your first name cause I am going to tell the lady my friend "so and so" is picking him up for me. I will get you her number to make more exact arrangements then!

Mainey, I can't sleep either. I'm stuck up worrying about this poor guy.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Did anyone see if we can take just the tort, rather than all of his expensive "stuff"? I usually try to negotiate a "just the animal" price when dealing with such silliness...

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
LuckysGirl007 said:

Yes...

If you want to try to email though that would be great! I told her I had everything he needed..but she didn't sound interested. I was going to mention that he doesn't look healthy and ask for pics of hi actually standing on all 4 legs and walking but I don't want to lose contact. I just really wanna get that baby out of there. If you wanna try to contact her go for it! It would e easier to skip the middle person for the picking up part anyways.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I hope everything is woprking out. I hate reading about these poor torts. :( Please keep us updated with what is going on!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
SBeanie said:
Has anyone heard any new information regarding "dude"?

Yes any news? Is she still holding out for the sale of supplies with him?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Ugh! I was checking my email every hour almost all night long! She did get back to me. She wants to know what other torts I have and what the average day for "Dude" will be. But she hasn't given me her number yet. It's crazy to go through all this screening when she hasn't even taken care of him right for the last 7 years!! She did not say anything about holding out to sell everything together. She just said that she wouldn't take $100. Maybe if I WOW her with Dude's average day she will go lower?? Jacqui, want to PM me what his days will be like?? I'm awful at lying. But I'm afraid to tell her that we plan on shipping him. I was going to tell her I live 2 hours away and my friend that showed me the ad will be the one picking up for me.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Someone lease respond with a name so that Kim can give this lady a name. For a pick up, other wise you are going to have an assumed name...lol.. i cant believe the demands this lady is asking, i guess because she has had him so long but look at his conditions..

Status
Not open for further replies.