Two New Sulcatas, But One Is Really Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
I got these two sulcatas today. One is really light colored. I took these two girls, who by the way are from New York. The guy i got them from says hes had since they were hatchlings. But he was transferred here and was having to keep them on his balcony. So i offered to help him out. They have some pyramiding but not as bad as ive seen before. The smaller one Ms.Piggy is 6 yrs old and the other is 8 yrs old. They seem small to me. Does anyone else think so or is it just me? They were kept with sand so im soaking them to try and loosen things up so to speak. Heres a couple pics let me know what you think.

1378259830360.jpg

They have been kept together. But im keeping them seperate now. So no worries.

1378259943719.jpg

1378259996254.jpg

1378260028166.jpg

1378260074223.jpg
Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using TortForum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. You might see some growth now that they are separated. Do you know what and how much the previous owner fed? All torts do grow at their own pace. With their own space and a good varied diet and not having to compete for food, they may start adding some size.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Yes he was feeding them Romain mostly with a little carrot and some hay. :( only rinsed them in cool water once a week or so. I hope they do good here the biggest one is about 11 inches he said and the other abiut 9 and a half inches.

Im giving them a variety of weeds, hay, spring mix and squash and squash leaves. And also some Mazuri. They really love grass.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are small for their age, but not surprising for the care they got. They look pretty good. With their new diet and hydration, and their new larger housing, they will probably start sprouting in the next few months. How do you know they are girls? I think it might be time for another round of the sexing game!

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
@Tom Thats probably a good idea on the Sexing Game. Lol I will do that in the am. They are full and sleeping now.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I love sexing games...lets see some.pictures :D

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Im going to post pics in am of them. They are sleeping now. Im really hoping they are both female.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.