Two new bulldozers

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntoTheWildReptiles

5 Year Member
These two were dropped off to me today. I think they have alittle pyramiding but not to bad. I went and bought all the food for them and one is pretty active and the other seems to be alittle shy. Is there anything else I should be doing? They are outside in the sun. They have a hide,water and food at all times. I'm here in Bakersfield Ca so its nice and warm for them.

tort.jpg

The shy one
torty.jpg

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seatac, Washington
They are very cute... they aren't compared to anything but they look about one to two years old. Sounds like you couldn't do anything better. If they are really that young though they could benefit from a good spraying down every so often. This sounds weird but water them once a day, till they are dripping wet and you might see that pyrmid go away but the time they are adults. Congrats! Are these your first two sulcatas?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very nice looking Jr. sulleys" ..* nice clear eyes in the first shot* .... Enjoy your new additions! ..
" Happy Tort~N"
JD~:)

IntoTheWildReptiles

5 Year Member
You know what. You guys are awesome! I love how fast information is shared on here! These are my first two sulcatas we do have a DT. Honestly I didnt think I would like torts that much. I always thought they looked boring. But now that I have some they really are some of the coolest creatures on the planet.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
torts are like potato chips you can't eat just one. Though I do not recommend eating them.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Very cute little guys.
Any names yet for them.
Sounds like they have found their perfect forever home with you.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Honestly I didnt think I would like torts that much.

Yep.

Cute as buttons, the pair of them. :D

IntoTheWildReptiles

5 Year Member
I have two girls age 3 and 9 so the 9 yr old named one Roxy and my 3 yr old named the other rosey. They are truly awesome my wife fell in love with both of them.

IntoTheWildReptiles

5 Year Member
No not yet. Getting alittle worried she is not eating that I can see. Or walking around. Should I seperate them and give the shy one her own enclosure?

M

Maggie Cummings

Just give her some time to settle in. Are they protected from those big crows you have down there? Do you think they are big enough to not be carried off by a Crow?
Please do keep them separated from your desert tort...

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
I would separate them and see if it helps, There may be some bullying going on. I love their names, so cute.

IntoTheWildReptiles

5 Year Member
Thanks for the help. They are in a different enclosure than my DT. I will try feeding again tomorrow and if she doesnt eat well I will move her to her own enclosure.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
maybe offer a heated area and see if she needs to extra warmth? lots of different foods. colors. good warm soak..

Status
Not open for further replies.