Turtle on the run!

I've had my African sideneck for so long but every time I get back from school it's never in the TANK!! Keep in mind it's never done this before. But I don't know why it keeps coming out. And it's only when I come home from school!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Wait... she's never done this before but every time you get home she's never in the tank?? Do you just mean she's not swimming?

GingerLove

5 Year Member
It's a male and it just climbed out using the basking log ):

Oh sorry, for some reason I thought it was a girl. So he's climbing out using the basking log? He sounds like a little sneaky boy! :) I would recommend putting a top of the aquarium. You could just lay something with weight over the top (leaving air holes), or you could by one of the mesh or wire tops for your aquarium. They sell them at all the pet stores. I'm not sure how expensive they are, though. Or it could also be time for a lager aquarium, but I would try the other things first.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
You need to prevent it from escaping. I'm guessing this includes a large fall which, obviously, is very dangerous. I've always like to silicone plexiglass to the aquarium.