Turtle Hospital

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
We usually stay at the EDGEWATER MOTEL in Long Key. They have really cool cabins and efficiency apartments with a stove and such. (You can fish right there and cook what you catch!)
It is cheaper than the big name motels and very cozy.
You could probably find it on the internet. It's worth looking into IMO.
If you've never been here before, Long Key is right on top of Islamorada.

Last edited:

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
We usually stay at the EDGEWATER MOTEL in Long Key. They have really cool cabins and efficiency apartments with a stove and such. (You can fish right there and cook what you catch!)
It is cheaper than the big name motels and very cozy.
You could probably find it on the internet. It's worth looking into IMO.
If you've never been here before, Long Key is right on top of Islamorada.
Thanks Zero. We already booked a condo this past Monday with some friends. We are staying at the last island on the bottom.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks Zero. We already booked a condo this past Monday with some friends. We are staying at the last island on the bottom.
You mean Key West? There are many keys... and a seven mile long bridge. Lots to see and do!
You all will have a good time!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Sooooo....I'm in the keys and on Wed we are heading to the turtle hospital!!! I can't wait to go and share pictures with everyone :)

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Very nice I'll have to add this to my list of places to visit.

I do a little scuba diving and there are not enough words to express the feeling I get when doing a drift dive with sea turtles. Such graceful creatures!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
What else did you get to see?

Did you do the sun set thing down at Key West?
Yeah we did the sunset celebration and we went on the glass bottom boat too. Walked around Duval street, went out to eat, swimming, and relaxed. My main goal was to swim, relax, and the turtle hospital. I was very disappointed in the beaches there...I never knew key west wasn't known for their beaches!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah we did the sunset celebration and we went on the glass bottom boat too. Walked around Duval street, went out to eat, swimming, and relaxed. My main goal was to swim, relax, and the turtle hospital. I was very disappointed in the beaches there...I never knew key west wasn't known for their beaches!!
The real estate is far too valuable to waste the sand. some of the upscale Hotels have their own private beaches nearby.
At least you should have gotten the very last of our good weather.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
The real estate is far too valuable to waste the sand. some of the upscale Hotels have their own private beaches nearby.
At least you should have gotten the very last of our good weather.
The weather was beautiful!! I love how you can feel the sun to your core in FL! In Michigan, it's just been cooler summers and the sun feels so weak. It was nice to get to go to FL. We usually go to Panama City Beach. We are thinking about going to Clearwater. Never been there yet.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The weather was beautiful!! I love how you can feel the sun to your core in FL! In Michigan, it's just been cooler summers and the sun feels so weak. It was nice to get to go to FL. We usually go to Panama City Beach. We are thinking about going to Clearwater. Never been there yet.
Clearwater is nice. The best beaches IMO are on the West Coast. Far fewer tourists, too.