TUFF, A STRONG WILL TO LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
This little guy is "TUFF". He is about five months old and hatched out with serious medical issues. Without going into details, he will need surgery when he is bigger, if he makes it. We named him TUFF because of his extreme strong will to live. He is very active, eats great, and seems to be holding in there. He will remain at our program for his entire life based on his special needs. He was released today from the hatchling enclosure and these pictures show his strong determination to accomplish any task he comes across. TUFF is sure tuff!

2vug83k.jpg

rliyvn.jpg

sdmfbc.jpg

sfxnyw.jpg

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
he seems like the typical curious, determined tort to me! good luck to him!

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Would you mind explaining what the medical problems are??? You can't tell from the photos.

If you do mind, maybe you could just shoot me a PM?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Livingstone said:
Would you mind explaining what the medical problems are??? You can't tell from the photos.

If you do mind, maybe you could just shoot me a PM?

E-mail sent. Too graphic to post!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
...Yeah, he looks okay to me. Now I'm really curious what's wrong with the little guy.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Tortoise just want to live, even with the worst medical issues. Looking forward to seeing the little one grow.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
OK Greg...you're killing me here. Obviously, I would be very interested in the rest of the story.

Doc

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
He was hatched with his under shell not connected, resulting with a large gap, exposing his internals/organs. No pictures!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Aww that is so crazy - glad he was born to a caregiver such as yourself! Hope for the best for the little guy!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
ok, I wanted to know too, but glad you are not sharing pictures. Did you see the post about the sea turtle who was damaged by a boat with wide gaps, and had his shell repaired...pretty amazing.
Do you have to wait until he is a certain weight, or age, before considering surgery?

Schlomo

5 Year Member
Wow, that is definitely one "tuff" little guy. He was also definitely lucky to be born to one of the best caregivers. Hopefully he'll grow up to be a"tuff" big guy.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
He sure is something. To me this just shows that you are a caring person who loves your tortoises. Another breeder might have put him to sleep. Bless you!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Holy cow, that is crazy. If I may ask... what happened after? Did his shell get repaired or.. is he still like that or something. I know dumb questions but I am curious...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
ALDABRAMAN said:
He was hatched with his under shell not connected, resulting with a large gap, exposing his internals/organs. No pictures!

I do understand the curiosity, Doc. I sent you an e-mail with a picture, if you care to describe the problem better than I am able, please feel free on this thread.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
I'm proud of this 'tuff guy :) I hope he's strong enough to make it into an adult! I'm interested with Mao's questions as well.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Thanks for telling us, and best of luck to your little fighter.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Awwww, the poor baby! I sure hope he makes it!!! Please keep us posted on Tuff's status!! U r the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.