TTPG Speaker List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
49,088
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
emysemys said:
Jacqui and I talked about going, but its just so hard to get me out of the house. And I really don't like to travel alone. Yeah, I would have met up with people I know (Jacqui), but getting there I would either have to drive by myself or fly by myself. Very hard to get me to do that. Tom: Do you drive or fly?
I drive. But next year I'm going to make Cory fly me there. If you want to drive with me, I'll take you. I drive kind of fast though, so if that will bother you we will make other arrangements. I would really love for you to go, so I'm willing to to do whatever makes you the most comfortable. I'm even willing to (gasp...) slow down a little. :)

Would you be up for a short flight? If not we can make a road trip of it.

If Jacqui wants to somehow get to my house, I'll drive her too. :)
 

Neal

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
4,918
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
tortadise said:
So hows the show?
It was about as good as you could get for chelonians in AZ. Tyler had the best tortoise selection and the best looking tortoises there (no surprise). Another vendor had 3 juvenile Indian star females, and Jerry had an adult male radiated. A lot of vendors had some nice looking juvenile sulcats. There were some other odds and ends, but those were really the highlights.
 

JeffG

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Messages
546
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Neal said:
tortadise said:
So hows the show?
It was about as good as you could get for chelonians in AZ. Tyler had the best tortoise selection and the best looking tortoises there (no surprise). Another vendor had 3 juvenile Indian star females, and Jerry had an adult male radiated. A lot of vendors had some nice looking juvenile sulcats. There were some other odds and ends, but those were really the highlights.
Oh wow Neal, didn't you like the ploughshares on the second floor?! Actually, most of the good stuff was up there. Did you miss that or something?
 

Neal

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
4,918
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Second floor? Are you sh**'in me?
 

Neal

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
4,918
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Dug my wrist band out of the trash and taped it back on. Luckily I live less than 10 mins from the show.
 

JeffG

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Messages
546
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
There really is a second floor, but the show isn't up there. I was just messin with you. Please don't go back and end up pi$$ed at me! I did just miss you by about 2 minutes to.
 

Neal

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
4,918
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
lol, I was looking for my keys, but figured I better check this thread before I left. You had me Jeff.
[hr]
That's too bad if we just missed each other. I bumped into Elliot in the lobby on my way out. It's always good to meet forum members.
 

JeffG

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Messages
546
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Neal said:
lol, I was looking for my keys, but figured I better check this thread before I left. You had me Jeff.
[hr]
That's too bad if we just missed each other. I bumped into Elliot in the lobby on my way out. It's always good to meet forum members.
I was texting Elliot from inside the show while he was talking to you. Of course he didn't tell me he was talking to you until we met up a couple minutes later and you were already gone by then.

I think I have been going to these shows for too long though. I'm starting to ask the vendors how their kids are doing. By name. :rolleyes:
 

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
49,088
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I was home last night watching my little girls Thanksgiving play. She was a little Indian. :D I drove straight through. Made it in record time. I've been to all three conferences and I have yet to stay for the show once.

Where were YOU? You were supposed to be at the conference!!!
 

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
39,230
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:
emysemys said:
Jacqui and I talked about going, but its just so hard to get me out of the house. And I really don't like to travel alone. Yeah, I would have met up with people I know (Jacqui), but getting there I would either have to drive by myself or fly by myself. Very hard to get me to do that. Tom: Do you drive or fly?
I drive. But next year I'm going to make Cory fly me there. If you want to drive with me, I'll take you. I drive kind of fast though, so if that will bother you we will make other arrangements. I would really love for you to go, so I'm willing to to do whatever makes you the most comfortable. I'm even willing to (gasp...) slow down a little. :)

Would you be up for a short flight? If not we can make a road trip of it.

If Jacqui wants to somehow get to my house, I'll drive her too. :)
So let's see... I fly to Yvonne's, then ride with Yvonne to you, and then we either fly or drive from there? :D
 

Eweezyfosheezy

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
2,365
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Tom said:
I was home last night watching my little girls Thanksgiving play. She was a little Indian. :D I drove straight through. Made it in record time. I've been to all three conferences and I have yet to stay for the show once.

Where were YOU? You were supposed to be at the conference!!!
I guess that's a good enough reason to miss the show. I was supposed to go to the conference, but unfortunately for me I couldn't make it. I WILL be there next year, marking it on the calendar as I'm typing this.
 

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
85,246
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
So let's see... I fly to Yvonne's, then ride with Yvonne to you, and then we either fly or drive from there? :D
That sounds like a plan. Or maybe, if Jeff is back on the road by then, you can hitch a ride with him to my house, then we drive to Tom's and Cory flies us to Arizona!!
 

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
49,088
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Maybe Tom can take me next year? JK :p
I think one of your parents should take you at this point. Maybe when you are a little older you could ride with me, but that is a decision for your folks. Do you have an older family friend or relative that your parents would trust to take you?
[hr]
emysemys said:
Jacqui said:
So let's see... I fly to Yvonne's, then ride with Yvonne to you, and then we either fly or drive from there? :D
That sounds like a plan. Or maybe, if Jeff is back on the road by then, you can hitch a ride with him to my house, then we drive to Tom's and Cory flies us to Arizona!!
Cory says we could fly up to Fresno airport and pick you guys up and then shoot over to Phoenix.
 

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
85,246
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Even better yet!! I'll start saving up some $$$ to help with the gas! or I guess its called fuel.
 

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
39,230
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Or maybe, if Jeff is back on the road by then, you can hitch a ride with him to my house, then we drive to Tom's and Cory flies us to Arizona!!
It's funny, Jeff had a load this year down into the correct AZ zone, but it was the week before. :( Even then I so so tempted, just had no way to get home or place to stay for that long.
 

TylerStewart

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,059
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
Whew, home from a long weekend.... As I was leaving, my wife basically lined up the kids and told me to pick one, so I had my 3 year old sidekick with me there. Had a blast and it's a very tortoise/turtle heavy show (with the conference first, hard not to be). Met Elliott and saw Neal again, met Andy at ATC. I'm only slightly saddened that Tom couldn't stick around long enough for the meal he owes me (it was Tom that owed me, right???).

On a side note LOL:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Posts

Top