Arizona
Taken from their Facebook page:

SPEAKER SCHEDULE

Thursday, November 15, 2012

8:30 to 9:00 am – mingle and continental breakfast

9:00 am – WELCOME (TTPG) Russ Gurley

KEYNOTE

9:15 to 10:15 am – SPECIAL GUEST

10:15 to 10:45 am – Fred Caporaso PhD - “Galápagos Tortoises (Chelonoidis spp.): Going, Going Gone! Making a Huge Comeback!”

10:45 to 11:45 am – TBA

11:45 to 12:30 pm - Doug Dix “Keeping and Breeding Mediterranean Tortoises Indoors”

12:30 to 1:15 pm – LUNCH

1:15 to 2:00 pm – Stephen Böhm (Austria) “Keeping and Breeding Phrynops raniceps”

2:00 to 2:45 pm - Richard Fife (TTPG) “Breeding Cuora serrata”

2:45 to 3:15 pm – David Lee (The Tortoise Reserve) “Community organized turtle races: well-intended, unregulated family events can be serious drains on native turtle populations”

3:15 to 3:45 pm - TBA

3:45 - 4:00 pm - BREAK

4:00 to 4:30 pm – Cord Offermann DVM “Designing Outdoor Breeding Programs”

4:30 to 5:15 pm – David Mifsud “A Look at Blandings Turtles”

5:15 to 5:25 pm - BREAK

5:25 to 5:45 pm – Ashley Rademacher (ZOO MED) “Keeping and Breeding Pancake Tortoises”

5:45 to 6:30 pm - Stephen Böhm (Austria) “A Turtle and Tortoise Trip to French Guiana”

6:30 to 8:00 pm - Dinner together or on our own

8:00 pm to ??? David Lee (The Tortoise Reserve)

Mini-Workshop. Turtles Outdoors: what works where?

[Overview of a proposed cooperative program for TTPG members to share climate zone information for successfully keeping breeding groups of turtles and tortoises outside throughout the year. Common sense with a few surprises. Followed by an open discussion.]

* Some of the Behler Chelonian Center will be on hand to tell us about their amazing facility in Ojai, California and we will be playing videos from some of their turtle adventures around the world.

FRIDAY, November 16, 2012

9:00 to 9:30 am - Cord Offermann DVM “Keeping and Breeding Box Turtles in South Central Texas”

9:30to 10:00 am – Alan Shoemaker “Legal Issues and Terminology”

10:00 to 10:45 am – Barry Downer (Tulsa Zoo) “A Breeding and Reintroduction Program for Alligator Snapping Turtles”

10:45 to 11:15 pm – TBA

CONCLUSION - Russ Gurley

11:30 pm to 1:00 pm – lunch banquet and banquet speaker:

Dr. Peter Pritchard (Chelonian Research Institute)
“EXTINCTION and the Story of Rafetus swinhoei”

Not a whole lot of tortoise stuff, but I am still planning on going. If anyone else on the forum is going we should all get together and wear TFO shirts with green visors and fanny packs.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Bump, for anyone that may have any interest in attending.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
You sold me with green cap and fanny pack. LOL I am going to try and make it. I talked with alan shoemaker yeaterday actually. He said should be a goood one.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Neal said:
If anyone else on the forum is going we should all get together and wear TFO shirts with green visors and fanny packs.

Neal, leave your daily outfit at home this time. The visor was distracting last year.

I'm planning on going.... My new EcoBoost F150 is heavenly to drive; he and I need some highway time. Dinner on Neal!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I don't think my wife would give me enough allowance money for everyone, but how about I'll provide lunch on Friday for everyone that attends the conference. ;)

There is the matter of lunch and dinner on Thursday...I would recommend a little secret hole in the wall Mexican food place just a couple of blocks from the conference.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Here is the updated schedule:

SPEAKER SCHEDULE
Thursday, November 15, 2012
9:00 to 9:30 am – mingle and continental breakfast
9:30 am – WELCOME (TTPG) Russ Gurley
KEYNOTE
9:30 to 9:40 am – Keynote - SPECIAL GUEST
9:45 to 10:30 am – Fred Caporaso PhD - “Galápagos Tortoises (Chelonoidis spp.): Going, Going Gone!
Making a Huge Comeback!”
10:30 to 11:15 am – Doug Dix “Breeding Tortoises Indoors In AreasWith Cool Summer Climates”
11:15 to 12:00 pm - David Drajeske “Keeping and Breeding Red-headed River Turtles, Podocnemis
erythrocephala”
12:00 to 1:15 pm – LUNCH
1:15 to 2:00 pm – Stephen Böhm (Austria) “Keeping and Breeding Phrynops raniceps”
2:00 to 2:30 pm - Richard Fife (TTPG) “Breeding Cuora serrata”
2:30 to 2:45 pm - Presentation of the CHARLIE GREEN TURTLE CONSERVATION and
EDUCATION AWARD
2:45 to 3:15 pm – David Lee (The Tortoise Reserve) “Community organized turtle races: well-intended,
unregulated family events can be serious drains on native turtle populations”
3:15 to 3:45 pm - Cord Offermann DVM “Designing Outdoor Breeding Programs”
3:45 - 4:00 pm - BREAK
4:00 to 4:30 pm – David Mifsud “A Look at Blandings Turtles”
4:30 to 5:15 pm – David Drajeske, “Temperature Sexing: The Challenges and an Approach to Producing
Healthy Hatchlings of Known Sex”
5:15 to 6:00 pm - Ashley Rademacher (ZOO MED) “Keeping and Breeding Pancake Tortoises”
6:00 to 6:30 pm - Barry Downer (Tulsa Zoo) “A Breeding and Reintroduction Program for Alligator
Snapping Turtles”
6:30 to 8:00 pm - Dinner together or on our own
8:00 pm to ??? David Lee (The Tortoise Reserve) Mini-Workshop. Turtles Outdoors: What works
where?
[Overview of a proposed cooperative program for TTPG members to share climate zone information for
successfully keeping breeding groups of turtles and tortoises outside throughout the year. Common sense
with a few surprises. Followed by an open discussion.]
* Some of the Behler Chelonian Center will be on hand to tell us about their amazing facility in Ojai,
California and we will be playing videos from some of their turtle adventures around the world.
FRIDAY, November 16, 2012
9:00 to 9:30 am - Cord Offermann DVM “Keeping and Breeding Box Turtles in South Central Texas”
9:30to 10:00 am – Alan Shoemaker “Legal Issues and Terminology”
10:00 to 10:45 am – Stephen Böhm (Austria) “A Visit to Austria’s MEGAZOO”
10:45 to 11:15 pm – Questions & Answers - Cord Offermann DVM, Stephen Böhm, David
Drajeske, Jr., Alan Shoemaker, and other special guests.
CONCLUSION - Russ Gurley
11:30 pm to 1:00 pm – lunch banquet and banquet speaker:
Dr. Peter Pritchard (Chelonian Research Institute)
“EXTINCTION and the Story of Rafetus swinhoei”

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I'm going to sound like an idiot for a minute, but two questions and the first might answer the second. What does TTPG stand for? Where is this happening?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I do believe I'm owed a lunch, or was it dinner...

Anyhow your Mexican joint sounds perfect, but if any of their employees speaks any English at all, I might be disappointed.

I don't have a visor, but I DO have my tortoise hat from the Anaheim show. :) And I never use a fanny pack. IWB is a much better way to go...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
TTPG = Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group. It is happening in Mesa, Arizona November 15th and 16th.

Trust me Tom, it's the real deal. I do owe you something from last year...but I can't do anything for you if you don't have a fanny pack.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I just signed up for the show over the weekend there, still trying to convince the wife to let me abandon her for 4 days with 4 young boys so I can hit TTPG.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Neal said:
TTPG = Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group. It is happening in Mesa, Arizona November 15th and 16th.

Thank you! Unfortunately I can't make that. :(

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I think I might jump on a plane and head out for the conference and show that weekend...sounds cool

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
SW Tn
Would love to hear what Shoemaker has to say!!! I heard Mr. Downer from Tulsa is very knowledgeable too :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Bump!

Everyone got your fanny packs? I think Tyler has a few extra if you need them.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I probably won't be able to make the conference because it is hard for me to take time off work this time of year, but I will definitely be at the show that follows it on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't see any information about the show posted, so here's the link: http://phxreptileexpo.com/

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
I would love to go to the conference but I have school. But I will be at the show that weekend! :D

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
I too will be at the show, but unfortunately not the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.