Trip to the Nursing home

Status
Not open for further replies.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Well the trip went fantastic, the resident was extremely happy and careful with her, he didn't want to hold her bc he said he didn't want to scare her. But his face lit up with joy and his cheeks go real Rosie. He started asking me all sorts of stuff about her and Remi sat still eating her grasses and looking up at us from time to time, it was a good visit, his family came in the middle of the visit and they were excited to see Remi and that he had a visitor other than them. I think Remi handled the visit really well.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
jpmcclure said:
YAY!!! Remi the RN. Has a nice ring to it. Good for him. I'm sure you made his day. Be blessed!! Thanks for the great story. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think I missed part of this story. Who did you go visit? Sounds like you all had a good time of it. Really nice:)

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
wellington said:
I think I missed part of this story. Who did you go visit? Sounds like you all had a good time of it. Really nice:)

I took Remi to the nursing home to visit with one of the people i care for, he is dying and he loves tortoises, I asked in a earlier thread if it would be ok to being her in.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
remitort071312 said:
wellington said:

I took Remi to the nursing home to visit with one of the people i care for, he is dying and he loves tortoises, I asked in a earlier thread if it would be ok to being her in.

I missed that thread. That is so cool and nice of you. I bet you really made his day. Good for you and Remi:)

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
wellington said:
I missed that thread. That is so cool and nice of you. I bet you really made his day. Good for you and Remi:)

It really made my day :)

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
That was such a sweet thing to do. How did you come to go up there? My husbands' sister works at a nursing home, this is something I could do too.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Linzbragg said:
That was such a sweet thing to do. How did you come to go up there? My husbands' sister works at a nursing home, this is something I could do too.

Well I work there, but you can have your sister in law talk to the administrator of the home for u b4 u bring your tort there

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
mainey34 said:
What a wonderful thing you have done for a dying soul.

It made my soul feel good too :)

Creedence said:
Wow, I'm really glad this all worked out for you guys. So heartwarming. Great story. :)

Thanks so much

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, not "Remi, the RN," but "Remi, the Therapy Tortoise!!" You'll have to get a little cover made up for the tortoise to wear, like they have for the dogs that do therapy, search and rescue, etc.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
emysemys said:
No, not "Remi, the RN," but "Remi, the Therapy Tortoise!!" You'll have to get a little cover made up for the tortoise to wear, like they have for the dogs that do therapy, search and rescue, etc.

That would be very cute.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Awesome. You did a good deed! I hope there is someone like you around when I reach that point in my life.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
remitort071312 said:
Well the trip went fantastic, the resident was extremely happy and careful with her, he didn't want to hold her bc he said he didn't want to scare her. But his face lit up with joy and his cheeks go real Rosie. He started asking me all sorts of stuff about her and Remi sat still eating her grasses and looking up at us from time to time, it was a good visit, his family came in the middle of the visit and they were excited to see Remi and that he had a visitor other than them. I think Remi handled the visit really well.

Good job remitort071312! Really great story! I think someday I'll go to children's hospitals and show off my tort's just as a lesson and lift the kid's spirits! :)

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Good job remitort071312! Really great story! I think someday I'll gto children's hospitals and show off my tort's just as a lesson and lift the kid's spirits! :)

It is a very addicting feeling to make others smile :) I'm with theses people all all the time some of them never see people from their family, and when I say some it's like most of them it really grinds my gears, if u take five min out of your day just to talk to them, you learn some pretty awesome stuff about who they were and are. I wish I could have more time with them but it's a fast paced job, so when I can I visit. I brought this other lil lady popcorn and you would have thought it was a million dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.