good news from the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
waco tx
i took my two 6.5 month old sulcatas to the vet yesterday and got them checked out.. Their last visit was on 7-16-08. on that visit Hector weighed 55 grams and Shy-girl weighed 57.. on 9-03-08, Hector WEIGHS 82 grams and shy-girl weighs 66 grams. the vet said they were the healthiest toroises he had seen in along time, and took them around to show the other vetinarians. they where so healthy that he refused to charge me and gave me a huge bag of cactus flowers from his yard... Shy-girl is a slow weight gainer because when i got her she had a bacteria infection, specteria(which caused surface himerging on her skin) whe got it treated an right when i started to think she wasnt going to make it shy pulled around and started eating like a pig. The infection is 100% gone and all is well..:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi MT: What great news! Your vet is a "keeper!" I'm so happy that your two Sulcatas are growing and seem healthy. Do you have some pictures? I'd love to see your sulcatas.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
mtdavis817254, I can only imagine how difficult that time must have been when Shy-girl was so sick. But what great news. I am so happy for Shy-girl, Hector and you. congratulations :D

Shellback

10 Year Member!
Norfolk , VA
If you buy a postal scale even a cheep one you could moniter your torts weight and don't need to wait for a vet visit! I weigh all mine every two weeks !

Will

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Congrats! That is great news!

mtdavis817254

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
waco tx
thank all of you.. i will put some pics on when i get my computer hooked up and enternet turned on.. right now i am stuck with useing the computers at the campus library... thanks again:D

Status
Not open for further replies.