Tree Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
If you love your landscaping, a sulcata may be the wrong tortoise for you...
84c0ce93.jpg
This is why we only plant non toxic things, Chester made his own Easter basket today filled with tasty spring hibiscus blooms : l

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
* Rude words *

It can be very dismaying watching your new garden plants disappear down your tort's throat. It happens with Joe. I don't bother rescuing them usually, I just plant something else and cross my fingers. Although a hibiscus can at least be fenced and given the opportunity to grow too big to be completely demolished in one sitting! :D

Katherine

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
* Rude words *

It can be very dismaying watching your new garden plants disappear down your tort's throat. It happens with Joe. I don't bother rescuing them usually, I just plant something else and cross my fingers. Although a hibiscus can at least be fenced and given the opportunity to grow too big to be completely demolished in one sitting! :D

We keep all of our hibiscus bushes staked off but every once in a while a come home to bulldozed stakes and no bush at all! They usually don't bother the trees as there is no eye level foliage.... I guess someone looked up this morning! I also don't rescue the plants; if they can get to it they deserve to eat it. That's why we plant them anyways : )

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
time for some circular cinder blocks..
I think he heard you say it was planted for him and there was a slight misunderstanding as to how it was to be enjoyed... :)

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
I can't wait until we move and our guys are big enough to go around demolishing all my hard work! Lucky girl!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The very first sentence of this thread says it all...

Thanks for the laugh.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Lol. I gave up with my big sulcatas and hibiscus trees. Once they got over 20" and 100 pounds nothing was in there way. Now there even bigger so they get 2 acres of grass to eat, that keeps them busy. However my mountains do the same to the newly banana tree in their outdoor pen. Rocks and blocks kindaaaaa work, but there such good climbers. : )

CT Grim

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
He was just trying to help you get rid of that big ole weed in the middle of your yard... ;)

Katherine

5 Year Member
Different criminal, different crime, same destructive results... Really gotta love 'em : )
867779d9.jpg

And no, she's not nesting, she just decided that spot would look better with a little less grass and a little more dirt.

Urtle

5 Year Member
katherine said:
Different criminal, different crime, same destructive results... Really gotta love 'em : )

And no, she's not nesting, she just decided that spot would look better with a little less grass and a little more dirt.

Katherine they are beautiful torts!

EKLC

5 Year Member
Why enjoy hibiscus leaves and flowers over the coming years, when you can just eat them all now? Cute mischievous torts

Katherine

5 Year Member
Urtle said:
Katherine they are beautiful torts!

Thank you I love them a lot!

Morty the Torty said:
Haha! Looks like the other one is saying "just a little more! We're almost there!"

I seriously do think they encourage eachothers poor manners at times. Occasionally one will start a hole or burrow and then the other one will finish it. Like they can break out faster if they work in shifts hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.